. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bright mild steel would give a few thou clearance in nominal size bearings; if you need better you could use ground stock. Both these have the advantage that they are machinable where linear bar might well be hardened and much more difficult to machine.

2. Ive not seen any request for a price on this.
    Sorry, this is not something we are interested in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    Its the same on this here, let go of the lever it springs back to neuteral .
    i thought chia did this rail i was going to ask him if he,d thread it, still waiting on a reply from zapps,cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Ive not seen any request for a price on this.
    Sorry, this is not something we are interested in doing.
    hello gary
    this is the confirmation i got after mailing you.your normally quite prompt with the replys so i just assumed you wasnt interested,no worries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zapp 1.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	11528

4. Not sure how we missed this one.
    The reason why we dont want to do this is because the M24 thread will still be within the hardness (Partially) so annealing will need to be done.
    This may also cause the shaft to bend slightly?

Hi Deisel, do you have a build thread for your injection moulder? Are you building from any plans or are you just working it out from the machine in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    i dont have a lathe to do this so what im looking at to get 2 X 1200mm lengths of 25mm linear bar threaded i need a course M24 thread ,thread,thread length around 50mm one end and about 75-80mm the other.

i havent bought the rail yet case theres alternatives its for a shed injection moulder i just need to complete the top half assembley and planned on useing flanged bearings,it will be very simular to the one in the link but i cant make out how they have fixed the ends of the rail to the plate top and bottom so my plan is to screw the rail into the large bed plate at the bottom and use nuts top and bottom of the top plate.
    НАСТОЛЬНЫЙ ТЕ*МОПЛАСТАВТОМАТ www.stnk.com.ua - YouTube
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I wouldn't be too hung up on using linear bar for something like this. I'd personally opt for some bright finish bar combined with suitable metal bushings, as I suspect the loads may not suit linear bearings that well, and a few thou float would probably be beneficial to helping things align.
    )
    yeah i wanted linear rail because its pretty much garanteed to be straight,id need to cherry pick anything else and thats not an option with buying on line,theres a place local i maybe able to get the threading done i'll see what they say monday.thanks all

gav no plans,but i may get a log going once i get a few more bits in ;)
    Last edited by dazza; 07-02-2014 at 03:22 PM.

I couldn't watch this video. No safety guard, hand in closing machinery. Bloody OUCH! Time off work, then back to a job that only needs 1 hand. AND don't think it is safe because it has a spring loaded self return gizmo, they can stick and jam. If your hand is there it becomes raspberry jam.
    Last edited by cropwell; 08-02-2014 at 09:20 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I couldn't watch this video. No safety guard, hand in closing machinery. Bloody OUCH! Time off work, then back to a job that only needs 1 hand. AND don't think it is safe because it has a spring loaded self return gizmo, they can stick and jam. If your hand is there it becomes raspberry jam.
    Get a Grip Man because the guy in the Video Holding the hydrolic lever has.! . . . . He'd have to fall asleep to get is hand trapped in that it's so slow.

found a place to do the threading,cheers
    Last edited by dazza; 08-02-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Get a Grip Man because the guy in the Video Holding the hydrolic lever has.! . . . . He'd have to fall asleep to get is hand trapped in that it's so slow.
    Some folk are slow enough to get caught in machinery, no matter how slow it's moving ;-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information