. .
    Lives in Vamdrup, Denmark. Last Activity: 12-05-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    So we are building a CNC Router.

And i am in the designing phase

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc-25-03-2019.png 
Views:	420 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	25672.

The machine should primarily cut wood, but should be able to handle aluminium at a decent speed.

Electronics (had this from an earlier project)
    Nema 23, 420 oz steppers 2 for the x axis and 1 for y and 1 for z with
    Gecko 540 drive.
    UC100

Spindle
    2.2kw watercooled chineese thing from cnc4you.co.uk //thank you Clive S

Frame
    Supported x side would consist of 120x80 mm aluprofiles
    Legs will be 80x80 alu profiles

Name:	part-1.PNG 
Views:	334 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	25673

The gantry is where i have a few isssues i dont wanna make it to complexm i am considering adding another 80x80 profile so that it will be 80x240

Linier motion
    sbr25 supported round rails for y and x
    For z (400-500mm) I am considering square rails or the round unsupported since I have been told on another forum that the sbr may not be the best for Z

I have chosen the round rails due to the cost and from what I can figure out it has an accuracy of 0.01 mm over 1-2 meters.

rm2010 ballscrews for x and y
    rm1605 ballscrews for z

A lot of people have advised rack and pinion but to me, it seems a more complex solution with a lot of issues,
    I dont have a reason really other than I am in love with ballscrews (i know about whipping)

I have also been advised to move the ballscrew up so it is a little higher up than the sacrificial plate.
    Last edited by Dakn; 17-04-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Welcome to the forum Dkan. why "Spindle 2.2kw aircooled chineese thing from cnc4you.co.uk" water cooled are so much quieter
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Vamdrup, Denmark. Last Activity: 12-05-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Welcome to the forum Dkan. why "Spindle 2.2kw aircooled chineese thing from cnc4you.co.uk" water cooled are so much quieter
    Because apparently I dont know the difference between air and water :P

It is ofcourse a watercooled spindle with vfd.
    https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Spindle/Wa...VFD-plus-Mount

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakn View Post
    Because apparently I dont know the difference between air and water :P

It is ofcourse a watercooled spindle with vfd.
    https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Spindle/Wa...VFD-plus-Mount
    Have you shopped around https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HY-WATER-...frcectupt=true
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Well not really, iv been told that the quality of the spindle varies a lot, while they also offer a china model I was kinda hoping that getting it through a European country would give me some warranty or at least a quality check before I got it

Quote Originally Posted by Dakn View Post
    Well not really, iv been told that the quality of the spindle varies a lot, while they also offer a china model I was kinda hoping that getting it through a European country would give me some warranty or at least a quality check before I got it
    The cynic in me thinks that the European ones are imported Chinese ones with a mark-up. I guess the mark-up might help pay for a warranty.... :/

I got my 2.2kW water-cooled spindle + VFD direct from China through Fred @ BST Linear (an often-recommended supplier on these forums). Seems alright.... advertised as having (get this) *FOUR* bearings, and pump, and hoses, and an ER20 collet set, etc etc. Was about as cheep as you'll find elsewhere, and if I'm going to put faith in anyone from thousands of miles away, Fred appears to have earned it on the all the other items I've bought and the transactions I've heard about.
    Last edited by AndyUK; 17-04-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    The cynic in me thinks that the European ones are imported Chinese ones with a mark-up. I guess the mark-up might help pay for a warranty.... :/

I got my 2.2kW water-cooled spindle + VFD direct from China through Fred @ BST Linear (an often-recommended supplier on these forums). Seems alright.... advertised as having (get this) *FOUR* bearings, and pump, and hoses, and an ER20 collet set, etc etc. Was about as cheep as you'll find elsewhere, and if I'm going to put faith in anyone from thousands of miles away, Fred appears to have earned it on the all the other items I've bought and the transactions I've heard about.
    I expect the spindle from an European country to be more or less the same as I buy in China, but it is a lot easier to talk warranty and support with a company in the UK or Germany.

I will take a look at Fred from bst.

For the CNC build, I am switching the round rails with squares( i got a good offer)

ill place it on the side of the build, and I will probable add the ballscrews at the same place as the sbr25 on the y-axis.

I will make the ballscrew fixed in both ends which should give me a theoretical speed of 1000pm before it starts to whip.
    2,7*10^8 * (1x15) / 2000^2 = 1012.5

ill post a new design tomorrow.

First build day things are moving forward :)

Name:	cnc_1.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	656.6 KB 
ID:	25767

Name:	cnc_2.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	25768

Name:	cnc_3.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	235.6 KB 
ID:	25769

Name:	cnc_4.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	373.0 KB 
ID:	25770

Name:	cnc_5.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	276.8 KB 
ID:	25771

Name:	cnc_6.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	291.6 KB 
ID:	25772

Name:	cnc_8.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	269.8 KB 
ID:	25773

Name:	cnc_9.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	25774

Name:	cnc_10.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	25775

Hello Dakn, Finally have you finish your cnc build ? I am on the same projet and interested by your feedback. Best regards, Gustave

Thread Information