. .
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Revised panel layout. (Thanks for pointing the errors out Irving)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Panel draft 2.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	2583

Is this whats called, evolution...

No No its vorsprung dork technique

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 08-08-2010 at 12:01 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    What board is that (& chip) ?

fleabay item number 250576566482
    Interesting... but its not clear if the kit is just the PCB or all the necessary parts less PIC.... calls itself a kit, but for £6.99 I'd imagine its just the PCB... personally I use a plugboard for prototyping and for that price I'd use a bit of stripboard, since there's no real simplification of wiring. I have a PCB design I am working on that provides headers for standard display and multiplexed keypad/switch bank, with or without telltale LEDs, 8 relay drivers (and standard i/o routines to drive it all) as i seem to keep reinventing that wheel...

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Interesting... but its not clear if the kit is just the PCB or all the necessary parts less PIC.... calls itself a kit, but for £6.99 I'd imagine its just the PCB... personally I use a plugboard for prototyping and for that price I'd use a bit of stripboard, since there's no real simplification of wiring. I have a PCB design I am working on that provides headers for standard display and multiplexed keypad/switch bank, with or without telltale LEDs, 8 relay drivers (and standard i/o routines to drive it all) as i seem to keep reinventing that wheel...

Its a kit of parts minus the 40pin chip, so they said in the e-mail. so not too bad..

Hey that wheel needs re-inventing, but just not by me, you are much more qualified to do that....

and Hey Ive got the dollar if you've got the kit!!!

Rick

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Revised panel layout. (Thanks for pointing the errors out Irving)

Is this whats called, evolution...

No No its vorsprung dork technique

Rick
    lol

Why not use the one jog wheel for all up/down inc spindle speed?

How will you change jog rate?

You seem to have lost your 'feed' requirement. I'd use the one display to show spindle speed, axis steps and/or step rate, and selected feed speed

BTW, in case you hadn't picked up on it, the e-stop to MACH3 is just a repeater input to tell it e-stop has been activated, the e-stop itself should release a main contactor and kill all motion not relying on software.... this is normally a self latching relay

lol

Why not use the one jog wheel for all up/down inc spindle speed?

How will you change jog rate?

You seem to have lost your 'feed' requirement. I'd use the one display to show spindle speed, axis steps and/or step rate, and selected feed speed

BTW, in case you hadn't picked up on it, the e-stop to MACH3 is just a repeater input to tell it e-stop has been activated, the e-stop itself should release a main contactor and kill all motion not relying on software.... this is normally a self latching relay
    Using the contour shuttle express i have 5 buttons and a fast jog and slow jog available so the feed is not off the table just not on the layout yet..

My mental capacity is less than yours so, i only suggest things that i have some chance of achieving, you have no idea how helpfull you have been already..

Rick...or is it Fick... lol

I did look at the wiring suggestions in the mach manual some time ago, but as of begining this project i hadnt given it much thought, i just knew there had to be one.

That reminded me about inputs, so ive just had a look at the plugins page on the artsoft site and they have some neat gadgets on there, that will give you all the inputs you've ever needed not to mention outputs, Pokeys, and the TC-Emulator Board to name just two.... so if we get stuck there is light at the end of the tunnel, mind you maybe someone else has more knowlege of these gadgets and would care to enlighten us of their experiences.

Rick

Irving, if you wanted just the blank pcb it is here under fleabay Item number:250625826321 (Good price)

Rick

Started to get the basic wiring done.

First job was to identify the step and direction pins on the SD3 Drives using the SD3 manual. Once that had been done I fitted the transistors and resistors which addressed the fact that the SD3 drives use 12v logic and I will be using a 5v logic system.
    With those two things completed, ive mounted the boards i have so far.

Name:	PICT0043.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	2584
    Ive begun to wire things in..

With the help of a post by Irving I was able to wire things to the default settings in MACH.

Name:	PICT0048.JPG 
Views:	283 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	2585.............Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0053.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	2588
    Stepper axis wiring completed!

Name:	PICT0054.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	2587

Motor speed interface to be wired between Lenze 534 and BOB

Name:	PICT0055.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	2586

Motor speed interface has its own power supply (0-27vdc LM317T based board)
    ** remember not to wire the output up to anything untill you have set the voltage.**
    Onward..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Whilst reading the Lenze 534 manual ive come across another requirement....

If a reverse motor direction is required a simple polarity change is required using one of the contactors, however the motor motion must stop before the reverse direction is activated, I will need to incorperate a timer to allow for the motor to come to a standstill before the reverse is activated, I can tune the time once I know how long that takes, I could also introduce electrodynamic braking to reduce the changeover time, I will have to investigate all that before I complete a reverse control but that will be a secondary to getting it moving in a forward direction first...

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information