. .
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    When I replaced a pneumatic lift ram on my SCM I contacted a company in Derby - SGS - tel no. 01332 576850. I ordered a ram at 4pm on a Friday and was told I could collect at 8 am the next morning. I thought that was fantastic service and the cost was less than 50% of the SCM part, I simply had to tell them the required cylinder dimensions, stroke, force rating and end connection details. I don't know if this helps, but it is probably worth a try. G.
    LOL, take a guess what im doing right now?

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/air-compressors

Snap!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I was going to order today for delivery tomorrow as Ill be home but didnt get the time and still undecided to what size compressor I need. I dont need much for the pneumatics on the machine but Id like something for cooling too. So looking at a 100L unit. I had a 24L Bambi before, lovely, but expensive and too small for continual air for blowing on parts / clearing swarf etc.

Ok, time for an update.

Had some setbacks with some of the electronics items, not going to discuss as such but many thanks to continued offline support from both i2i, JazzCNC and Gary @ Zappautomation.

Received my compressor today as well as the solenoid / actuator items. Got mostly working, missing 2 small 90 degree items, but its installed and wired up.

I tested the carousel motor for the first time today, spins along happily. I have no real idea yet how it knows where it is. I know there is a sensor, will try and look at that again later and there is an ability to reverse the direction of travel. Clearly it needs to 'know' which tool is currently selected.

Am hopeful that this weekend, unless I have issues or some delays on parts coming in, may be able to do the the first basic milling, with or without the tool changer working.

Dont forget to post some video at the end of that . Or to say at the start of the new journey
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    the sensor reads the position of the disc on the carousel motor

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    the sensor reads the position of the disc on the carousel motor
    Thanks, but what does it output?

I can see the motor can be reversed too using a relay called CCR. Is this commonly used in the retrofit? I know there are macros that 'know' that getting from 8 to 6 is quicker to go back 2 steps than forward by 6.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    you can always add a switch to energise the valve for the toolholder cylinder, and change the tools manually.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    you can always add a switch to energise the valve for the toolholder cylinder, and change the tools manually.
    Yep, that is one option.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Thanks, but what does it output?
    it's fed with either 5v or 12v, pretty sure it's 5v. It's basically a three wire proximity switch, gnd, supply, and output. It will give you a switched output relative to the supply voltage.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information