. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi Folks
    Recently decided to use USB on my desktop router. I did not have enough funds to buy Ethernet CSMIO-IP-A or M.
    So I end up with having this 3 axis HXC Motion Card.

Pic.1.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XHC Motion card.JPG 
Views:	4137 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	17679
    Here is full details:
    http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/eProduct/view_263.html

Card is plug and play easy to install, plug in too, however I have few issue with Mach3 configuration.
    There is lack of proper set up info. Manual is poor and misleading - will say why and what.
    Let me describe what I've achieved so far.

I managed quickly wire Nema 23 via DM542A and they work quiet, smooth, and quite cold.
    I do run spindle water cooled 2.2kW - via PWM 0-10V signal to LG inverter.

I revised this post after reading Jazz replay.

Here are my issues:
    - there are 8 outputs in the card, they start from OUT-0 and finish OUT-7.
    Mach 3 doesn't list Output #0, so Output #1 with Pin 0 is OUT -0 a bit confusing, usually output number has the same pin number.
    Because OUT-0 is not listed than we can not set it in spindle setup, for clockwise (M3).
    I did not pay attention to the picture 2 (blue line, 2xNO contacts from common DCM-digital ground).
    I simply tried to get low or high signal out from OUT 0&1.
    To prove that picture is correct I tested with few mA signal I found that this contact between DCM - OUT.0 and DCM -OUT.1 exist and can be activated in Output signals as Out 1 & 2 pin 0 & 1.

Pic.2.

Name:	Outputs.JPG 
Views:	3337 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	17709
    Manual did not clearly state that - just picture.

On this stage I can start my spindle FRW (CW) from Mach by pressing: F5, spindle button or typing M3.

Q1.
    Is there any other way to activate CCW rather than typing command M4 which can only be disable by M5 or reset (Thanks Jazz for reminding)
    Q2.
    Same problem with Mist M7 - any other way to activate rather than command M7?

Pic.3.

Name:	Spindle setup01.JPG 
Views:	2993 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	17678

- discovered one big problem which is not described:
    Do not connect anything to outputs 0-7 unless output is enabled in control output menu, otherwise reset button will activate all outputs - make the relays live (This is big inconvenience and safety concern)

- another miss information, picture 4 shows blue line which connect 'Power In 6-36V' to 6-36V on input control port.
    There is no internal connection - '6-36V input port' is isolated. No info regard that, only misleading picture.
    This arrangement is not made, so extra connection is needed.
    However 0V from 'Power In' is connected to 0V output control - see picture below

Pic.4.

Name:	Out relay02.JPG 
Views:	6847 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	17681
    Q3.
    How to set Input pin to set Out like in the logic controller?
    for example Input 6 activates Output 6 or similar?
    I did not have any problem with other DB board running via LPT1 port, and I can program PLC too, using ladder logic.

Q4.
    The last problem I spotted is that I can not change motor tuning on spindle page- no blue graph. Motors ok, only spindle. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help, not so much info regard this particular model

Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out relay01.JPG 
Views:	1665 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	17680  
    Last edited by Tom J; 24-02-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Not seeing what your problem is here.? It's perfectly clear to me that Both the Inputs and Outputs need there own voltage supply to keep them isolated which can be between 6 -36v.
    Those blue lines are using the positive side of the 36v supply powering the device but not actually providing a path back to 0V so they won't work.

Like wise Outputs 0 & 1 are separate to rest of outputs and use the DCM from the VFD to provide path back to For/Rev on VFD. Outputs 2-7 require there own supply.
    To Stop M3 or M4 then just use M5.
    M6 isn't flood it's tool change command. M8 is flood M7 is mist but in reality they can be anything you want. M8 could turn kettle on and M7 Micro wave they are just commands to turn on/off the output you assign to each M code. M9 turns them both off.

Spindle is probably PWM so Motor tuning may not be required. You will probably need to play with pulley speeds to get exact voltage.

Another issue...
    My LG inverter gives ~12V signal not 10V like required so I used voltage regulator 78L10.
    Now I have nice 10.1V but module output (AVI) is not linear, and I can get only 9.3V output.
    I could compensate voltage input in spindle parameter so 9,3V would give me 400Hz.

Name:	spindle inputs.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	17738
    I decided to use resistor or pot. in series to 10V input, now I can adjust voltage to get ~5v at 200Hz or ~10V at full 400hz
    I should use voltage divider but inverter needs only 15mA so resistor is easier.
    I use power 24V from motion card rather than from Spindle output - sound strange. Input in inverter still got 0V (CM) and signal from V1 from motion card (AVI).
    All that gives me better result than those from table below.

I have set spindle speed (pulley menu) at min 6000 rpm, 100Hz, 2.5V voltage input and to max 24000 rpm 400Hz 10V input signal.
    Table below shows how output voltage from card very from desired (this was before adjusting input voltage)

Name:	Voltage vs Speed.JPG 
Views:	1342 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	17736
    I deleted linearity.dat file from Macro file and still can not get nice linear output - any suggestion?

I start playing with 0-1000rpm, everything was ok - close (I mean voltage output wise)
    I used different source of power than a spindle output 10V.

Does anybody use this card? seems to be popular for being usb type not LPT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle outputs.jpg 
Views:	1199 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	17737  
    Last edited by Tom J; 26-02-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Hi
    I have the MKX-IV mach3 control card USB . I have it running but I won't the mach3 control board to actually turn on a an external relay to bring on the DC power to the gecko drives and to give my ac drive the run command with an external relay also. But I can get the internal output relays in the motion board to com on to turn my external relays on . I need some help in addressing them in the software. I will appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcrump1960 View Post
    Hi
    I have the MKX-IV mach3 control card USB . I have it running but I won't the mach3 control board to actually turn on a an external relay to bring on the DC power to the gecko drives and to give my ac drive the run command with an external relay also. But I can get the internal output relays in the motion board to com on to turn my external relays on . I need some help in addressing them in the software. I will appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    It's not good idea to have Mach3 or any software control power to your drives. Safest way is to have latching E-stop safety circuit turn on the drives and then send signal to Mach3 that it's safe to work.
    This is done using Relay with Normally open contacts and Momentery button. When Mo-button is pushed this latches the relay on. It's contacts close and allows power to flow to drives Until the E-stop button is pressed at which point the Latch drops and drives etc turn off.
    One set of contacts on relay also control input to Mach3 to say when E-stop pressed. If E-stop pressed then Relay wont latch when Mo-Button pressed and Mach3 won't Reset.

I'm sorry I don't think I explained what I'm needing help with correctly. What I'm asking is what pin and port numbers do I set for the outputs 2-7 located on the mach3 motion card in the Mach3 three software. It's the MKX-IV USB motion board.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrump1960 View Post
    I'm sorry I don't think I explained what I'm needing help with correctly. What I'm asking is what pin and port numbers do I set for the outputs 2-7 located on the mach3 motion card in the Mach3 three software. It's the MKX-IV USB motion board.
    output 2 - pin3
    output 3 - pin4
    --------- - ----
    output 7 - pin8

pin have to be set in output page in Mach 3

Hi I want to know if status show device error triggered what is the problem

Hi all.. can u point me i the rigth direction.. i can get 0-10V from BOB .. what i need to put in SPINDLE in Mach3 ??? pin ports ... thanks a lot !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    Another issue...
    My LG inverter gives ~12V signal not 10V like required so I used voltage regulator 78L10.
    Now I have nice 10.1V but module output (AVI) is not linear, and I can get only 9.3V output.
    I could compensate voltage input in spindle parameter so 9,3V would give me 400Hz.

Name:	spindle inputs.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	17738
    I decided to use resistor or pot. in series to 10V input, now I can adjust voltage to get ~5v at 200Hz or ~10V at full 400hz
    I should use voltage divider but inverter needs only 15mA so resistor is easier.
    I use power 24V from motion card rather than from Spindle output - sound strange. Input in inverter still got 0V (CM) and signal from V1 from motion card (AVI).
    All that gives me better result than those from table below.

I have set spindle speed (pulley menu) at min 6000 rpm, 100Hz, 2.5V voltage input and to max 24000 rpm 400Hz 10V input signal.
    Table below shows how output voltage from card very from desired (this was before adjusting input voltage)

Name:	Voltage vs Speed.JPG 
Views:	1342 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	17736
    I deleted linearity.dat file from Macro file and still can not get nice linear output - any suggestion?

I start playing with 0-1000rpm, everything was ok - close (I mean voltage output wise)
    I used different source of power than a spindle output 10V.

Does anybody use this card? seems to be popular for being usb type not LPT.
    Hello. I bought a cnc 6040, 2.2KW on aliexpress from Chinacnczone.
    The cnc works well enough only that I have a problem.
    The spindle speed is about 20% greater than the one set as shown in the following graph:
    s1000 -> 23.60
    s2000 -> 40
    s4000 -> 74
    s6000 -> 114
    s8000 -> 150.80
    S10000 -> 187.60
    S12000 -> 230.80
    S14000 -> 270
    S15000 -> 290
    S16000 -> 309.6-310
    S18000 -> 356
    S20000 -> 400

It should go to 400Hz when I set s24000 and not with s20000.
    I opened the controller and found that they connected the output of the inverter (Nowforever D100S2R2B) that is 12v to a board input (MKS-V-V02 www.cdxhctech.com) that instead expects10v, as shown in the following scheme.

How can I solve the problem? Where to get 10v?

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information