. .
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks EddyCurrent
    I think that's the top speed off this spindle or maybe it's 11000 I will have to check

JAZZCNC here are the settings that cam with the machine
    x and y axis steps per 400... velocity 2000...acceleration 200
    z axis steps per 400....velocity 800.....acceleration 100

step pulse 10 for all 3 axis
    dir pulse 3 for all three axis
    what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    JAZZCNC here are the settings that cam with the machine
    x and y axis steps per 400... velocity 2000...acceleration 200
    z axis steps per 400....velocity 800.....acceleration 100

step pulse 10 for all 3 axis
    dir pulse 3 for all three axis
    what do you think?
    Every machine is different and motor tuning is dictated by the machine so I can't be specific with motor tuning and you'll just have to play with it.

What I can advise you do is make Tuning Profiles and adjust them rather than your main profile.
    To do this just Copy your existing Profile in Mach Loader. This will give you an exact copy of the current Profile with all the same settings but under a new name which you can then tune to suit the type of work your doing or just for playing around with.

I have several Profiles tuned in differant ways.? So when doing mainly 3D type work I load the profile which has motor tuning biased towards acceleration rather than velocity.
    Just remember when tuning motors you can't have high velocity and high acceleration, often you'll have to lower one to raise the other.

I also duplicate these Profiles and setup for Imperial units for when cutting G-code set for Imperial units.

The Code I gave you has a Max cutting feedate of about 800mm/min and the moves are very close together so high rapid speed between moves doesn't help has you never reach it. Basicly the machine has to accellerate to full speed then slow down again for next move and with such short moves no way can it get to full speed. The speed it reachs will depend on the accelleration so for jobs like this with such short moves then dropping the Velocity and raising the Accelleration will make a big differance to overall cycle times.

Setup a profile called 3D and try it. Drop Velocity to say 1500 and Accel to 500-600 and see the differance, Don't go quite so high on the Z axis and play about with them. If you start getting lost position or stalling motors then you will have gone to high on the Accleration.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-01-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Ok I will have play with it thanks

Hi
    I had a play today and Drop Velocity to 1500 and Accel up to 600 and it cut the time from 1h 30m to 1h 15m and the motors seem to be ok. The cutting tools you get with this machine are useless is there anywhere that sells good quality end mills and engraving tools? Thanks for the advice guys.
    Last edited by Gregor; 23-01-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Lives in taglio di po, Italy. Last Activity: 15-09-2019 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 21.
    I have the same machine... but I can not find tools.!!

Second Cut On My CNC 3040, Using A 60deg V Bit.Drop Velocity to 1500 and Accel up to 600 and it cut the time from 1h 30m to 1h 15m and the motors seem to be ok.In the first cut video I used a 30deg v tool
    Last edited by Gregor; 24-01-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Second Cut On My CNC 3040, Using A 60deg V Bit.Drop Velocity to 1500 and Accel up to 600 and it cut the time from 1h 30m to 1h 15m and the motors seem to be ok.In the first cut video I used a 30deg v tool
    Here's toolpaths suited to your cutters 30deg and 60deg but be aware they will cut much deeper has I limited the cut depth in the one you already cut.
    These are full depth so you'll get more detail but will cut deeper and take longer so I suggest you have Mach3 do estimate run. I've put the depth in the name.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi
    Thanks JAZZCNC I will give it a try

Lives in taglio di po, Italy. Last Activity: 15-09-2019 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 21.
    how to reverse the rotation of the spindle?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information