. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Damn this reply box behaviour, now it's recognising spaces but if I insert them higher up the reply it parses them as line feeds and initially ignored them entirely!

- Nick
    Nick it has happened to me with Chrome I have already sent Lee a PM to let him know that it has reoccurred
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Yes,_check_the_PSU_output_with_the_pins_shorted_th en_remove_shorting_pin,_disconnect_mains_and_conne ct._Then_test.

Damn this reply box behaviour, now it's recognising spaces but if I insert them higher up the reply it parses them as line feeds and initially ignored them entirely!

- Nick
    All wired up, voltages are good BUT we dont have a white wire (-5v) on the new psu, which we did have on the old one??

If your PSU doesn't have all the right voltages it isn't the right PSU for the job, you could add a separate -5v fairly easily, but have you asked the manufacturer how much for the correct PSU for the job?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackpat View Post
    All wired up, voltages are good BUT we dont have a white wire (-5v) on the new psu, which we did have on the old one??
    I think you need one of the older type ie AT not ATX http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AT-PSU-WOR...-/142163387623

see this at the bottom of the page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_...nit_(computer)
    Last edited by Clive S; 17-11-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I think you need one of the older type ie AT not ATX http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AT-PSU-WOR...-/142163387623

see this at the bottom of the page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_...nit_(computer)
    I've pulled a power supply out of an old computer we have lying around, and ive managed to get it wired in. Now when i turn the m/c on the screen is coming up all stripey with a bunch of random symbols/ letters on it. Video card maybe??

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Either the video card, or the video card is getting junk data.
    You're probably better speaking to your board repairers, as now you know what the main problem was, and the machine is now doing something, it may help them track down what has been damaged.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Either the video card, or the video card is getting junk data.
    You're probably better speaking to your board repairers, as now you know what the main problem was, and the machine is now doing something, it may help them track down what has been damaged.
    Just spoken with haas, they thought the processor might have dropped it's guts :( it was only out of the m/c for about of a day and we kept the battery attached though?

Quote Originally Posted by jackpat View Post
    I've pulled a power supply out of an old computer we have lying around, and ive managed to get it wired in. Now when i turn the m/c on the screen is coming up all stripey with a bunch of random symbols/ letters on it. Video card maybe??
    I don't know the machine at all but if and only if it has a dumb monitor ie RS-232 it could be board rate set wrong with showing random symbols. If its a VGA type I take it you have unplugged the monitor and card and refitted.
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I don't know the machine at all but if and only if it has a dumb monitor ie RS-232 it could be board rate set wrong with showing random symbols. If its a VGA type I take it you have unplugged the monitor and card and refitted.
    Yep i've unplugged & refitted. Any thing else i can check??

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Have you tried asking over on Practical Machinist forum?
    If you're going find somebody online who knows about these machines, then that's the place you're likely to find them.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information