. .
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Now I have seen the pics, I get the bigger picture. The QTCL BoB is a parallel port BoB - BUT - in this case it is being driven by the PCF08094 which is an ethernet interface.

You have two options :-

Set up the Ethernet address as Jazz says (which is the better way to go!)

or plug the QTCL BoB into your printer port with an appropriate printer cable adapter like this one - If you could find one (I am not selling mine!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2124.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	346.5 KB 
ID:	26463

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Now I have seen the pics, I get the bigger picture. The QTCL BoB is a parallel port BoB - BUT - in this case it is being driven by the PCF08094 which is an ethernet interface.

You have two options :-

Set up the Ethernet address as Jazz says (which is the better way to go!)

or plug the QTCL BoB into your printer port with an appropriate printer cable adapter like this one - If you could find one (I am not selling mine!)

Name:	DSCF2124.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	346.5 KB 
ID:	26463
    The printer port connects to the PCF08094 board - which then connects to the Bob via a ribbon cable ( This is how it was when I bought it and worked).

So are you saying to unplug the ribbon cable that currently connects the print port to the PCF08094 board and connect it directly to the bob?

I have uploaded a video which mite make things clearer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ok nowhere do I see a Parallel port cable but I do see an Ethernet Cable going to what looks like a Controller board with ribbon cables going to Breakout board so are you sure it's using Parallel port.?
    If it's using Ethernet then it won't work untill you set the Ethernet address and it would be Dead just like your experiencing.!
    One of the ribbon cables connects to the parallel port. The Ethernet cable runs to the control panel on the front of the machine - the board the Ethernet cable comes from is
    PCF08094 DS0809
    EAST CRYSTAL Rev:1.0

And the one below it which connects to the parallel port is
    PCF 07483
    EAST CRYSTAL Rev1.1
    Ds0807

Name:	IMG_0556.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	26646

Last edited by IhateDoug; 21-10-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulus.v View Post
    No. Unless you really want/need to make an upgrade. I doubt you have fried your motor drivers.

Could you start again troubleshooting the signal, starting from your computer?

First measure the parallel port pin output voltages to see if mach3 outputs signal when you send commands and if this signal is 0-5 volt. If not, there's a problem on the computer side. It could be mach3 parallel port driver, computer power management, bios settings.

If mach3 is transmitting and receiving 5v signal through the parallel port then most probably the BoB is the problem.

If you need more detailed assistance in checking the signal I can try to give you a step by step guidance.
    Checked and mach3 is sending 5v through the parallel port

Seems it’s the breakout board - I bought a cheap one + new drivers - Am having trouble wiring it however there is life, spindle comes on when powered (can’t turn off, can control the speed via the inverter and that’s it and z axis moves up (both keys make it go up), the limit switches are now showing in the diagnostics page and if I home the machine it seems to move in all directions - Estop switch is broken and Will be replacing and the estop button in Mach3 doesn’t stop it - so I quickly pulled the power shortly after it started moving, but seems like it moved in all directions.

How I wired it

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	27352

Lives in SANTANDER, Spain. Last Activity: 26-04-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by IhateDoug View Post
    Seems it’s the breakout board - I bought a cheap one + new drivers - Am having trouble wiring it however there is life, spindle comes on when powered (can’t turn off, can control the speed via the inverter and that’s it and z axis moves up (both keys make it go up), the limit switches are now showing in the diagnostics page and if I home the machine it seems to move in all directions - Estop switch is broken and Will be replacing and the estop button in Mach3 doesn’t stop it - so I quickly pulled the power shortly after it started moving, but seems like it moved in all directions.

How I wired it

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	27352

Hi all, I am new with CNC, but I have try to get my CNC working but apparently if I don't have the conexions from the board os the picture to the drivers, it is impossible to make it work, So there is any has found the pins and dir conections that I can put on Mach3 to make my CNC from Marchant Dice Ltd. working? See pictures attach,
    Do I need to disassemble the box to find out how they are connected?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tarjeta CNC 1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	29612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarjeta CNC 2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	29613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarjeta CNC 3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	29614

thank you very much in davance for your help, I am going crazy, I can not find any information about this card: Bazyx east crystal pcf 07343 five axis cnc board Rev. 1.4

Lives in SANTANDER, Spain. Last Activity: 26-04-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    It looks like I have the old fashion card, but does anyone has the pins and dir conections for the step-motors fo the CNC machine from Marchant Dice Ltd. I can not make it work, and I can not find any information about it, only this post and the card doesn't look the same. Can you help me? see attach pictures Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tarjeta-CNC-1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	29615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarjeta-CNC-2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	29616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarjeta-CNC-3.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	29617

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information