Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Personalty I would use 4 core cy cable 1.5mm for the spindle
    Thanks, what is CY cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/produc...FUQz0wod-YEKnA

any electrical wholesale should have it
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 56 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    https://www.cse-distributors.co.uk/c...creened-cable/

You can buy it by the Mtr.
    Last edited by Clive S; 12-06-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks both.

And on the limit switches, screened or not?

Suppose I can just buy 50 meters of this stuff and use for both the limits and spindle, done.

Its not a twisted pair but at least its screened.

As with Clive I always use shielded.

Pity you didn't mention it when you were over here at the weekend - I bought full rolls of SY cable for the limits and steppers on my CNC Plasma table and have a fair bit left

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewMawson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post

Pity you didn't mention it when you were over here at the weekend - I bought full rolls of SY cable for the limits and steppers on my CNC Plasma table and have a fair bit left
    No problem, thanks. You were already giving me free stuff, felt bad enough taking that, nevermind loads of other stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post

How well does SY cable bend in energychain? I'm only used to using the 32amp 3 phase 5 core variant but I know that would be a bitch to fit unless you you used the same energy chain I see on skelly trailers (8" wide)

I regularly throw energy chain away this size if it would be use to you Chaz, far too big for me lol

SY cable and CY cable are different (I might be wrong here) SY is armoured cabling and I would think not suitable for moving cables in a cnc machine although perfect for the main feed. We used to use SY cabling for our 4 poster ramps (7.5T each) hardy shit but I still managed to break it lol.

In case your wondering drive over SY cable with all 3 axles of a trailer locked on will do it ;)
    Last edited by Desertboy; 12-06-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

SY in the 4 core / 6 core / 0.75 mm CSA and 1.0. mm CSA sizes works fine for me in energy chain on my CNC Plasma

Here it is being installed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiring-Awaiting-Binding.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	21875

Name:	Wiring-Begins.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	21876

Name:	Panel-Installed.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	21877

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewMawson For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 56 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Chas As Andrew has stated. Here is a link to see the difference http://www.control-cables.co.uk/. But if you are ordering you can get 3 core 0.5mm will be fine as there is hardly any current to worry about in limit and signal circuits. Everybody will have their own opinion of course but these have been tried and tested by many.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread Information