. .
    Hi Guys,

Just retired and looking at extending my woodworking hobby to incorporate CNC.

There is so much choice out there and am finding it difficult to choose.

Would appreciate your guidance on this machine/kit

http://ooznest.co.uk/OX-CNC-Full-Kit

Never tried building anything like this before but the instructions appear are clear(ish)

Thank you for your time!

Tony

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodds View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just retired and looking at extending my woodworking hobby to incorporate CNC.

There is so much choice out there and am finding it difficult to choose.

Would appreciate your guidance on this machine/kit

http://ooznest.co.uk/OX-CNC-Full-Kit

Never tried building anything like this before but the instructions appear are clear(ish)

Thank you for your time!

Tony
    Tony Welcome to the forum. You have not stated what you want to be able to do with the machine cutting wise and size.

The kit you linked to is not going to give you much procession after it has been used for a while. The router spindles that they show will be very noisy the Chinese water cooled 2.2kw with a vfd spindle are much better.

Have a read trough the build logs on here to get an idea of what can be achieved .

Be very careful buying any kits.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Tony Welcome to the forum. You have not stated what you want to be able to do with the machine cutting wise and size.

The kit you linked to is not going to give you much procession after it has been used for a while. The router spindles that they show will be very noisy the Chinese water cooled 2.2kw with a vfd spindle are much better.

Have a read trough the build logs on here to get an idea of what can be achieved .

Be very careful buying any kits.
    Thanks for the advise re kits.

I want to be able to make signs with engravings. An example would be an engraved dogs head with the text Beware of the Dog, that sort of thing.

I don't think engraving aluminium, is something that I would consider doing at this stage.

X, and Y possibly 750 x 500mm

All thoughts of a suitable machine for around 1.5k would be appreciated.

Thank you

Tony

I think ooznest started with 3D printers. I would not entertain that machine myself.
    If you are looking for something ready built, this might be one place to look; http://www.bzt-cnc.de/en/shop/cnc-po...lling-machines
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thread Information