. .
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Bad luck Chaz

However I do seem to remember posting this about a week ago (post #283)

"However my personal preference on big powerful machines is to have the home switches inside the boundries set by the limit switches, and have the limit switches trigger powering off of the drives. Also to have the limit switches within the boundries of mechanical stops that limit travel before ball screws over travel."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewMawson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    Bad luck Chaz

However I do seem to remember posting this about a week ago (post #283)

"However my personal preference on big powerful machines is to have the home switches inside the boundries set by the limit switches, and have the limit switches trigger powering off of the drives. Also to have the limit switches within the boundries of mechanical stops that limit travel before ball screws over travel."
    Hi Andrew, would a latched relay be suitable to perform the functions you describe?
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Hi Andrew, would a latched relay be suitable to perform the functions you describe?
    Andrew, yes, point made. I thought of the same.

Desertboy, fairly easily done with the CS Labs. It has sub 100ms error checking and can instantly disable the servos in a fault / trip condition.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

I think the main point is to have a physical limit to save the ball screws if there is a runaway - preferably with a hard neoprene or other suitable plastic buffer.

As for the latched relay then yes that's the easy way to do it, but it needs to be a fast acting relay.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewMawson For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Suppose this means it works.

Speeds and Feeds

24000 rpm - 6mm endmill
    Cutting Rate 4000mm/min
    Lead / Ramp at 1440 mm/min

This was run at 80% speed. Overall happy with the cut considering there is no finish pass.

DOC is 5mm, WOC is 1.2mm

Still got more to do, but happy with the initial results.

Last edited by Lee Roberts; 25-06-2017 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added video

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Excellent - congratulations !

BTW do you still want those Compac PC's ?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    Excellent - congratulations !

BTW do you still want those Compac PC's ?
    Please, ill make a plan to come and collect. Dont chuck them please.

I haven't felt any disturbance in the force yet, I think you need to up the ante.
    Milling cutters start to perform around 3/4" diameter and up, anything less than that is squidgy

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I haven't felt any disturbance in the force yet, I think you need to up the ante.
    Milling cutters start to perform around 3/4" diameter and up, anything less than that is squidgy
    Agreed.

Just did some test cuts, 10m/min with 10mm endmill. 0.5mm Stepover (wimpy, im still testing) and around 20mm of depth. The surface finish is superb.

Will do some more cutting tomorrow with 10mm endmill.

Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread Information