. .

Thread: Engineers Mate

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Engineers Mate Ltd, we are an advertiser on MYCNCUK, and we are a distributor of Electric Motors, Inverters, Bearings, Power Transmissions, Seals & O rings, BETA Tools & PPE, Industrial Gearboxes, Pneumatics. We have an on-line store, www.engineersmate.com , with more than 170,000 items available.

If you have any questions or are interested in any of our products please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or click the link on this forum.

Thanks,

Engineers Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineersMate View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm from Engineers Mate Ltd, we are an advertiser on MYCNCUK, and we are a distributor of Electric Motors, Inverters, Bearings, Power Transmissions, Seals & O rings, BETA Tools & PPE, Industrial Gearboxes, Pneumatics. We have an on-line store, www.engineersmate.com , with more than 170,000 items available.

If you have any questions or are interested in any of our products please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or click the link on this forum.

Thanks,

Engineers Mate.

Hi,

Went to your web site - very comprehensive list of products but the site can only be used with your catalogue . All the parameters on the selection lists are there except the one I needed. e.g. what size is: 012550077 without clicking on it, or knowing what the code is?
    Does that mean one has to click on each of the products to find out what they are?
    Or have I missed something?

Best wishes.

Hi,

Thanks for looking at our site, its from the BETA Catalogue, not ours, here is a link to their online catalogue http://web.beta-tools.com/gpenglish/, you can choose which item is suitable for your use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012550077.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6402

Hers an image from the relevant catalogue page.

Thanks,

Jon

Hello Engineers mate, or may I call you engineers? Do you have a name or is your preference the anonymity of the organisational facade?

Anyway, I went looking for Cap bolts, that was a surprise! Is the price shown per item there's nothing to say which or what on the page... Because I thought a single M8 25mm at over £10 was slightly to the right of exorbitant! :-) Even RS sell them at 9 quids for a box of 50 and that's with free delivery!

here's the text;
    M8X25MM_SOCKET_CAP_BZP

Brand:NEUTRAL
    Delivery:ex-Stock
    Length:25MM
    Material:BZP STEEL
    Thread:M8
    Type:METRIC

£10.35

and the link;
    http://www.engineersmate.com/product...00018?c=100018

M8X25MM_SOCKET_CAP_BZP - SOCKET CAPS

Pack of 50, M8 by 25MM, BZP STEEL, METRIC Socket CAP Screw.
    click the item you require and the text i've just posted is right at the top

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    Hello Engineers mate, or may I call you engineers? Do you have a name or is your preference the anonymity of the organisational facade?

Anyway, I went looking for Cap bolts, that was a surprise! Is the price shown per item there's nothing to say which or what on the page... Because I thought a single M8 25mm at over £10 was slightly to the right of exorbitant! :-) Even RS sell them at 9 quids for a box of 50 and that's with free delivery!

here's the text;
    M8X25MM_SOCKET_CAP_BZP

Brand:NEUTRAL
    Delivery:ex-Stock
    Length:25MM
    Material:BZP STEEL
    Thread:M8
    Type:METRIC

£10.35

and the link;
    http://www.engineersmate.com/product...00018?c=100018
    Hi,

My name is Jon, it says at the bottom of the post previous to yours. The price is of a pack of 50, still not the cheapest, to be honest we buy them in to satisfy our customers who prefer to source all items through one supplier. Also, it's a little unfair to judge our Go To Market pricing Strategy on one item, there are in excess of 170,000 products on our store and on the vast majority we are either the best price on the UK web or at least competitive.

What we do do is try to help customers however small their requirements or try to help to resolve any problems they may have, we are only a small company (7 people) but we do hold in excess of £100k of stock and we do have overheads to meet.

Sorry if our advert offends.

Jon

Hello Jon,
    Thanks for that, and no of course your ad doesn't offend, I apologise if my flippant post was seen as being anything other than being playful about the price of ONE bolt - hence the smiley!! (Note to self, to cut down on the caffiene!)..

After following Wify's advice, I did find the qty being for a box of 50 as you describe, I didn't know you could click on the item to get more info, my bad. I'll go and explore some more, I'm sure there must be a band saw blade for alloy in there somewhere... :-)

Hi Max,

No probs, thanks for your reply. I'll save you some time, we don't sell band saw blades! ;-(

Thanks,

Jon

Thread Information