. .
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Here's a preview of my upcoming UCCNC Screenset.
    Similar to the Mach3 2010 Screenset, but more modern, and more features and user control.
    Looking good Gerry now get into there ribs and tell them to give us 24V I/O and 24V powered and I'll be onboard.

And multi line encoder threading. <g>
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I thought 24v inputs was not about being "professional" but was about being far less susceptible to EM noise, thus yielding a more robust system?
    They go hand in hand don't they?, if it's true a 24v based system is less susceptible to noise problems, then it's more professional to use 24v, no ?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    It shouldn't be considered Professional level. It should be a standard for CNC.
    I new that was coming, professional industrial grade cnc or professional hobby level cnc?

Yeah but to keep a perspective on things, what other areas of CNC are standardized?

Maybe they havn't had the feedback for those things yet, like i was trying to suggest before, who knows what is to come. Given their rep for support offered, i'm sure they are listening, we just need to let them know maybe?

Not sure i'm bothered about them wanting to sell BOB's, I'm sure there will be benefits to using physically separate units, the option of using your own and the features that you may get with one but dont get with another, for instance...

HANG ON A MO?

The IP-M come's with separate BOB's/cable's anyway so what's the biggy?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPM karton mały.JPG 
Views:	845 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	19598

Sure the isolation, handy little relay and what ever else they bundle is all nicely tucked away in that pretty little grey box they call the IP-M, but you still have to access that lot with a bob/boc....

SO....WHAT'S YOUR BEEF FAM?....

with having separate units in a UCCNC based system?

They designed and built a prototype two years ago, but had to shelf it at the time, as they were too busy working on their software and their ethernet boards. Hopefully at some point they'll get back to it.

If enough people ask them for it, maybe they'll get to it quicker.
    How coincidental, just last week I read through the thread where you asked them on the forum what the status of that unit was, i'm pretty sure they said they would get back to it eventually, or words to that effect...

Here's a preview of my upcoming UCCNC Screenset.
    Oooo is that an exclusive lol, looking good so far
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 12-11-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    HANG ON A MO?

Sure the isolation, handy little relay and what ever else they bundle is all nicly tucked away in that pretty little grey box they call the IP-M,
    The cables you mention are just terminal blocks to make connection easier and not like BOB at all.

Stabilty is all about Layers or more specificly removing layers. BOB's or to be more specific Cheap ones are just Weak Layer which cause trouble.

Don't understand why folks will buy Motion controller for the higher cleaner pulse rates then strangle them by connecting to Cheap BOB with Slow Optos etc.?

It's this and other electrical incompatabilty's that come into play which make multi mixed hardware systems less reliable than one that's been designed and tested to play nice together.

Unfortunatly often this Stabilty comes at premium cost and it really shouldn't because wouldn't cost them much more to add it.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 12-11-2016 at 09:37 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    HANG ON A MO?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPM karton mały.JPG 
Views:	845 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	19598
    Try Specsavers, they are connector boards, DB25 to screw terminals and at least they supply the bloody things and don't just do a half heated job of fitting IDE sockets and leaving you to it.
    John S -

It's not about the cost it's the fact it uses 5V and all the instabilty that comes with it.! Anyone who's had noise issues will know all too well why 5V I/O is best avoided for stable system.
    Fine but it is normal to use 5V for logic internally. All digital chips run on 5V and/or 3.3V. Nobody is saying that that's what it must use on the inputs and you must directly connect switches and everything, connect a BOB with 24V inputs and than you are just fine.

Don't understand why folks will buy Motion controller for the higher cleaner pulse rates then strangle them by connecting to Cheap BOB with Slow Optos etc.?
    Nobody prevents you from buying a super expensive BOB and use that if you want to and believe it can do better. The BOB I have can pulse fast enough. Besides, the problem is NOT the optos on the inputs but the optos in the stepper driver. If you have crappy driver you have problems, yes, but the pulsing from the motion controller or the cheap BOB is not the problem, the problem is your driver in that case.

Here is a video I just made. My CNC is using the cheap BOBs and the UCCNC with the UC300ETH in this one.

I have also made a similar test with Mach3 and I can't run Mach3 as fast as I can run UCCNC with otherwise everything being the same. Mach3 can't keep up with the acceleration/deceleration, and that's not the fault of the optos in the BOB but Mach3.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    connect a BOB with 24V inputs and than you are just fine.
    If only it was that easy. Don't know how experienced you are with BOB's/Cnc but let me tell you Bob's are pain in the back side and the biggest cause of troubles on CNC machines. That £5 BOB will cost more like £100 with all the trouble that will come it over time.

If the machine is being used to make money and lets be honest most router type machines even at DIY level are made with the intention of making little money with. Then why anyone would want to take this route is beyond me.!! . . . It's like playing russian roulet with 5 bullets in six gun.!!

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Try Specsavers, they are connector boards, DB25 to screw terminals and at least they supply the bloody things and don't just do a half heated job of fitting IDE sockets and leaving you to it.
    ...and at what price? Five times the price of UC300ETH with less inputs/outputs? Sure, it is in a fancy box equipped with opto coplers but hey, for that much money... :)

If only it was that easy. Don't know how experienced you are with BOB's/Cnc but let me tell you Bob's are pain in the back side and the biggest cause of troubles on CNC machines. That £5 BOB will cost more like £100 with all the trouble that will come it over time.

If the machine is being used to make money and lets be honest most router type machines even at DIY level are made with the intention of making little money with. Then why anyone would want to take this route is beyond me.!! . . . It's like playing russian roulet with 5 bullets in six gun.!!
    I have already made more than enough money with my CNC using the cheap BOB and the UC300USB. Never once I had any issue with that BOB, that's why I bought another. It's the worlds simplest thing, so it beats me what can go wrong with them. I am an electronics engineer and have checked out everything possible, and I don't think they will cause any issues. You make it sound like rocket science. They are just a few opto couplers, buffers and a relay. I may not have a lot of experience in machining but have about 40 years in electronics, so I am really not worried about such simple things.

Of course, if my daily bread was depending on my CNC I would not use the cheap BOBs, but for a hobby they are just right.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 12-11-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information