. .

Thread: 7' X 4' Combi

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    You are really treading on thin ground ground here???? His head won't fit on these pages you keep bigging him up like that
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    You are really treading on thin ground ground here???? His head won't fit on these pages you keep bigging him up like that
    Yeh you are right Nuff said..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Perfect :)

Attachment 8509
    Ok Put all the settings in and im Over the moon the motors sound great it manages 8M p-min as Jonathan said it would (not tried higher) so Ive backed it of to 7 and thats sweet. The steppers sing with those settings. I will do a Video maybe tomorrow. I wrote a quick bit of G-Code (my first bit of G-Code writing.. (Thanks for the tuition i2i)) just to watch the gantry going back and forth and stopping and starting with small travel and big travel just to see if everthing is how it should be, then copied and pasted it several times, then just watched it run for 45 mins, I then tested the wireless pendant and that works great as well... Im a happy bunny now .

Now the Y axis (oh and lots more playing with the X as well..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Congratulations. G.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GEOFFREY For This Useful Post:

Nice one Rick, looking forward to continued success for you and following religiously.

.Me
    .Me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    I wrote a quick bit of G-Code (my first bit of G-Code writing.. (Thanks for the tuition i2i)) just to watch the gantry going back and forth and stopping and starting with small travel and big travel just to see if everthing is how it should be, then copied and pasted it several times, then just watched it run for 45 min
    Try this spreadsheet to generate similar G-Code. Especially if you just test one axis, the machine can seem fine from just jogging around at full speed, or repeated code like you tried, but in reality fail a test with random code. The reason is if you just repeat the same commands and run it for a long time, that's not much better than just running those lines a few times since it's doing the same thing every time, so the currents will be virtually the same every time. If they're randomized then over time you can expect to find if there's a problem.

Edit: also what acceleration have you set it to?
    Last edited by Jonathan; 28-03-2013 at 11:20 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Try this spreadsheet to generate similar G-Code. Especially if you just test one axis, the machine can seem fine from just jogging around at full speed, or repeated code like you tried, but in reality fail a test with random code. The reason is if you just repeat the same commands and run it for a long time, that's not much better than just running those lines a few times since it's doing the same thing every time, so the currents will be virtually the same every time. If they're randomized then over time you can expect to find if there's a problem.

Edit: also what acceleration have you set it to?
    Cheers Jonathan, I will give that a go, i think i set it to 1000mm sec i will have a check tomorrow.

Rick

Ok more snippets, Sorted the tuning and did a video, the initial G28 move is at 8m Min and the rest is at 7m Min. and this is a boring video but here it is anyhow.

I actually played with the max feed and had to turn up the kernel speed but got to 13m Min with no problems but I was a bit worried about the amount of torque drop of so backed it off to 8m for nice rapids. Does any know if there is a graph that shows the torque drop off related to rpm of these 4nm nema 24 motors, i cannot find it anywhere..

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 02-04-2013 at 11:56 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardoco For This Useful Post:

Great stuff Rick, now lets see some swarf/sawdust. G.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Great stuff Rick, now lets see some swarf/sawdust. G.
    LOL the bed will be cast next week and then there is the Y to mount and that will be after the Z backplate arrives.. So its all in flux, Im waiting for the Drag chain, grommets, inline plugs, and the proximity sensors to arrive, then i can chase all the wiring through the frame and through the drag chain (damn that stuff is expensive) there is a bit of welding under the frame to be completed for the shelves for the vacuum pumps, and the dust sucker, the coolant reservour, compressor,VFD, and plasma . But im going as quick as i can cos i want it going..

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 02-04-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information