. .
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Oh dear...

I'm in contact with 5 people not including myself who have had a bad experience with Strike CNC. Pete in particular I feel bad for as he paid his money and hasn't seen anything since.

Lives in Amersfoort, Netherlands. Last Activity: 03-09-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Oh dear...

I'm in contact with 5 people not including myself who have had a bad experience with Strike CNC. Pete in particular I feel bad for as he paid his money and hasn't seen anything since.
    My story is the same, i paid 4 months ago for the machine but i'm still waiting.
    Last edited by wkt; 03-09-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Lives in Bristol, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 27-10-2012 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1.
    Hi Everyone
    Interesting thread, I too was suckered into buying a Strike CNC Router. I've had numerous issues with the build quality and the machine in general. Latest state of play is that it's now become an expensive table.
    Bearings have fallen apart on the x axis, obviously it's my fault!! Well that's what Mike says.
    Does anyone know what has happened to Mike? I do, he's now working full time for another company as he wants to be able to get a mortgage. Do I care, no I don't, maybe he would like to fix my machine so that I can continue paying my mortgage!
    I was offered a new machine some months ago but this never materialised. Mike and his "i've got a bad attitude" side kick came to my premises to fix the problems that I first had within a couple of weeks of taking delivery of my machine. He has since told me that he should of charged me £35.00 per hour/per person and a call out fee of £70.00, so much for a warranty. Perhaps I should send him an Invoice for the loss of earnings from not being able to use the machine.
    Mike did tell me recently via email that somebody called Steve is considering taking over Strike CNC Routers and that he is tying up some loose ends for him as he no longer works at Strike CNC Routers.
    I have asked for Steves telephone number so that I can discuss the issues/problems with him, but Mike has failed to let me have this information.

In conclusion it appears that we have all been made to pay vast sums of money for poor workmanship and a warranty that is worthless.
    If there are at least six of us all paying an average of £4000 for these machines Mike's on his way to having a good start for his mortgage deposit.

I would be happy to have my day in court with him but if he has nothing then all we would get at the end of it is a piece of paper saying as much.

Quote Originally Posted by AJW View Post
    Hi Everyone
    Interesting thread, I too was suckered into buying a Strike CNC Router. I've had numerous issues with the build quality and the machine in general. Latest state of play is that it's now become an expensive table.
    Bearings have fallen apart on the x axis, obviously it's my fault!! Well that's what Mike says.
    Does anyone know what has happened to Mike? I do, he's now working full time for another company as he wants to be able to get a mortgage. Do I care, no I don't, maybe he would like to fix my machine so that I can continue paying my mortgage!
    I was offered a new machine some months ago but this never materialised. Mike and his "i've got a bad attitude" side kick came to my premises to fix the problems that I first had within a couple of weeks of taking delivery of my machine. He has since told me that he should of charged me £35.00 per hour/per person and a call out fee of £70.00, so much for a warranty. Perhaps I should send him an Invoice for the loss of earnings from not being able to use the machine.
    Mike did tell me recently via email that somebody called Steve is considering taking over Strike CNC Routers and that he is tying up some loose ends for him as he no longer works at Strike CNC Routers.
    I have asked for Steves telephone number so that I can discuss the issues/problems with him, but Mike has failed to let me have this information.

In conclusion it appears that we have all been made to pay vast sums of money for poor workmanship and a warranty that is worthless.
    If there are at least six of us all paying an average of £4000 for these machines Mike's on his way to having a good start for his mortgage deposit.

I would be happy to have my day in court with him but if he has nothing then all we would get at the end of it is a piece of paper saying as much.
    Well that sucks! Did any Strike customer end up happy with their purchase? I've not met one yet. We should form a self help group for victims of Mike and the rubbish he sold us!

Oh and as for court action, he'll be in trouble regarding the two people who he's effectively stolen around £11500 from. His company hasn't gone into receivership and nor has he personally been made bankrupt so without any clear signs of financial difficulty and him indicating as such then he should have returned their money when he decided to do the world a favour and change his career. What a low life, playing games with others money and livelihoods.

As for his talk of leaving the company and trying to make out he was only part of the problem. Load of rubbish! I went down there twice, rang them up many time and I only ever saw or spoke to Mike, he was the company. And why the hell would Steve want to take on all us angry customers and a company name that's now in the mud? To be perfectly honest I expect Steve is a figment of Mikes imagination and another smoke screen.

As far as I'm concerned, the company is dead, the guy who ran it is dishonest and anyone owed money or parts should get to the small claims court ASAP.

Latest state of play is that it's now become an expensive table.

I thought it was an expensive machine to start with, let alone after you've fixed all the 'features'.[/QUOTE]

Have you taken the bearings out of the mounts? If so you should check if they are standard deep groove bearings (e.g. 6201) or the right type, which is a pair of angular contact bearings (e.g. 7201). Earlier in the thread it became apparent that they used the wrong type of bearings, which is unbelievable as it's such a basic easy thing to find out and not even expensive to do right. If you did take him to court then I think this is a good example of supplying a part which is not fit for purpose, since because they do not tolerate significant axial forces, deep groove bearings would last a few months at best before failure. This is common knowledge. Similarly there are numerous basic design flaws or examples of mismatched components, which could help the court case if listed?

Perhaps I should send him an Invoice for the loss of earnings from not being able to use the machine.

I had a tour round quite a big factory recently and they said their contracts with some of their suppliers state that they can charge something like £60k per hour if the supplier fails to deliver and stops the production line!

As far as I'm concerned, the company is dead
    The problem is it's so easy for him to put claims on his website such as 'it is a very rigid CNC' router, when to anyone who has read about it, it's clearly not. On the plus side their website is so terrible (no images, all text) that this thread is the first result on google if you search the company name, so hopefully that will change things.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 09-09-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: cleaning the thread up
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Well that sucks! Did any Strike customer end up happy with their purchase? I've not met one yet. We should form a self help group for victims of Mike and the rubbish he sold us!

Oh and as for court action, he'll be in trouble regarding the two people who he's effectively stolen around £11500 from. His company hasn't gone into receivership and nor has he personally been made bankrupt so without any clear signs of financial difficulty and him indicating as such then he should have returned their money when he decided to do the world a favour and change his career. What a low life, playing games with others money and livelihoods.
    For the people owed money and no goods forget solicitors, small claims at this point.

Get the police involved.

This is a crime, it's theft, not some silly squabble and a crime has been committed.
    Report it at your local station and present documentation that there are others.
    Best bet would be for the parties concerned to approach the police in Strikes area so they are dealing direct.

If it proveable they have the right to sieze property to make good any debts.
    John S -

Hi Guys
    One or two on this forum would know the grief and the shit that I have had with strike and just to update you about strikecnc. I had agreed to collect my machine yesterday evening at 7.00pm . And after he didnt even turn up I then went to his home address and after a few moments (half an hour) The cul-de-sac he lives in suddenly resembled a war zone with Police turning up from everywhere. I can not tell you any more at this point as there are a few other factors at play just now .
    The idea of everyone who has been affected by Strikecnc and has lost money to come together and get this Parasite and his company in to court
    Will keep you updated
    petesos

Police are now involved after last night.
    Anyone who has any dealings with strike cnc and are out of Pocket Please Please PM me your claims against Strike ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    For the people owed money and no goods forget solicitors, small claims at this point.

Get the police involved.

This is a crime, it's theft, not some silly squabble and a crime has been committed.
    Report it at your local station and present documentation that there are others.
    Best bet would be for the parties concerned to approach the police in Strikes area so they are dealing direct.

If it proveable they have the right to sieze property to make good any debts.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to petesos For This Useful Post:

To get this thread back on track here's a pic of what I'll be cutting with the machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aurora X.513.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	6796  

I just feel that I have to say that I am stunned at the response to this thread. I bet we have all bought something or wanted to buy it and sung its virtues only to find that it really was a heap of junk...Austin Princess comes to mind. The only bad guy here is strike. You just have to feel sorry for those who have parted with money and got nothing.

Nice cabs btw.

bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to motoxy For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information