. .
    Does anyone perhaps know how or whether I can get my new browser (Google-Chrome) to perform like the old one (Internet-Explorer) when displaying the "Trending-Now" items?
    My IE11 prefixes the display of trending-now threads with a blue/white-page-icon-thingy that indicates whether the thread contains unread posts, but my CHROME does not display the same thingy, as shown below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture CHROME.png 
Views:	324 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	18581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture IE 11.png 
Views:	334 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	18582
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 07-06-2016 at 03:05 AM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    Does anyone perhaps know how or whether I can get my new browser (Google-Chrome) to perform like the old one (Internet-Explorer) when displaying the "Trending-Now" items?
    My IE11 prefixes the display of trending-now threads with a blue/white-page-icon-thingy that indicates whether the thread contains unread posts, but my CHROME does not display the same thingy, as shown below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture CHROME.png 
Views:	324 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	18581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture IE 11.png 
Views:	334 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	18582
    If I use Chrome it does that as well also it happens on my Mob.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

The tendency is for developers to develop only for the browser platform installed on their development machine, when I was an Analyst/Programmer we knew to test for a range of customer environments, mainly from our own experience, the kiddies today have a degree and a Microsoft certification and obviously know better than to support a range of popular customer browsers and software environments ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Hi Andy, sorry for the inconvenience.

I noticed this was an issue on newer versions of Firefox recently too, as you mentioned Chrome as well, the meta data on the right (replys, dates and times) is also missing in this browser as well...

Anyway, it's actually a 3rd party plugin for the forum software, it's quite out of date now and I've had to patch it up/modify it previously to keep it "alive" so to speak, it's quite bloated in terms of features compared to the pretty simple functionality we use it for, as such I've coded my own much simpler version to get the job done on the new forum iteration I'm slowly working on.

While the kettle was boiling...I quickly jumped in and made a modification to this one, if you hit refresh on your browser this bug should now be fixed on the top 5 browser's being used (most recent version for each).

For fun, below is the percentage for the top 10 browser's used by our visitors to the forum last year (2015):

1. Chrome (37.47%)
    2. Firefox (20.48%)
    3. not set (17.35%)
    4. Internet Explorer (12.54%)
    5. Safari (9.25%)
    6. Opera (1.57%)
    7. Edge (0.55%)
    8. YaBrowser (0.16%)
    9. WeSEE_Bot:we_help_monitize_your_site
    10. Maxthon (0.09%)

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 08-06-2016 at 02:04 AM.
    .Me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

I still question why we need two trending now menus on the same front page
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post

While the kettle was boiling...I quickly jumped in and made a modification to this one, if you hit refresh on your browser this bug should now be fixed on the top 5 browser's being used (most recent version for each).

For fun, below is the percentage for the top 10 browser's used by our visitors to the forum last year (2015):

.Me
    Many Thanks Lee, that's absolutely marvelous!!!
    I can think of a number of institutions down here who should switch their kettle on ;-)
    Also found it very interesting to see those top ten browsers.
    Thanks, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I still question why we need two trending now menus on the same front page
    John, Trends are, well, Trendy and surely More is Better ;-)

Either that or it's just "Newspeak for Kiddies" for the old "Most Recent Posts" list :D
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information