. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    also have noticed the machine does not like moving to axis at same time manually. Ive been programming and 5axis machinist for last 10 years but this has got me confused.

Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

thanks will have a look.

Is there any companies that can set these up.as this is all very new and not sure I'm 100% with adjusting stuff

Where abouts in uk are you.?

Shipston on stour.

still researching information on getting it set up hopefully will get there soon, I have the option to have encoders fitted would this be worth it

With encoders you get feedback so things like missing steps should not happen. Many people use just stepper motors without feedback and they work fine, but only when everything else is right. If your machine is not working right, as you are saying, then I would suggest the reason needs to found before thinking about fitting encoders otherwise you would probably just be wasting money.
    I think you need to getting it working as it is first then you might decide it's good enough without encoders. I don't know why you didn't follow through with the free advice here.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 07-11-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to follow the advice as it is much appreciated watched videos on YouTube etc and the advice is great have an understanding of what is required and tried to measure the moving to work the calculations out for the motors but for some reason I get an error come up

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 53 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukecnc2012 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to follow the advice as it is much appreciated watched videos on YouTube etc and the advice is great have an understanding of what is required and tried to measure the moving to work the calculations out for the motors but for some reason I get an error come up
    Luke
    I don't think you are helping yourself, if you want help you need to give feedback to the questions asked. Is the mill fitted with ball screws or acme type screws. What is the voltage of the power supplies etc. you need to say exactly what is going wrong to sort this out methodically.
    You might be losing steps due to noise on the cables etc. ..Clive

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information