. .
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by camhguh View Post
    Do you think it was a "refurbished" unit? Is there any sign of wear around the area where the brushes run?

Did the spindle jam on a cut?
    My one said 'used motor' or something to that effect. It seems good in my case though. I'm guessing they will replace without issue.

Also it occurs to me that the max operating voltage for these motors is 154V which is 110V (US mains) rectified to DC. I had been wondering why the required volage was so high when many powerful DC motors are more like 35-50V.

Think thats where some of the saving is, spindle on mine have had the brushes previously changed with too big a screwdriver.

Spindle driver circuit is on the very basic side, it will allow the motor to stall at low revs and has no back emf protection at all.

Hope your vendor is responsive, please do keep everyone informed.

Cheers
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Musht View Post
    Think thats where some of the saving is, spindle on mine have had the brushes previously changed with too big a screwdriver.

Spindle driver circuit is on the very basic side, it will allow the motor to stall at low revs and has no back emf protection at all.

Hope your vendor is responsive, please do keep everyone informed.

Cheers
    Adam

Care to share a picture of your spindle drive circuit? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    Care to share a picture of your spindle drive circuit? :)
    will get some lid off shots tomorrow :-)

Do you think it was a "refurbished" unit? Is there any sign of wear around the area where the brushes run?

Did the spindle jam on a cut?
    Maybe, the brushes are at half use (compared to the replacement ones), and as I said I've only used it 2 hours. The spindle stopped on a cut (it's not jammed, I can spin it manually).
    Last edited by modcube; 14-02-2012 at 03:40 PM.

This is the answer I've got from the eBay seller:

dear friend
    if the spindle has problem ,we will exchange a spindle to you ,we pay the shipping cost
    friend ,th e picturer you sent us can not be opened
    could youplease resend it to us again?
    (You can upload the picture video to web www.photobucket.com then give us the video link or you can send it to [email protected] ), and describe the problem, then we will see the problem and know how to resolve it. The more detail that you show the problem, the more quickly we can resolve this problem for you.
    He seems quite responsible.

Lid off pics, Yoo CNC controller:

spindle control;
    Device numbers been scrubbed off the two power trannys, it does the job of controlling speed but a decent D.C. drive or change to VFD spindle somewhere down the road.

Paralell in breakout, now know why E-Stop does nowt, its physically connected to the probe pins ;-)
    Being brought up on usenet not hugely fond of v-bulletin ,seem to jump from needing approval to not, to posts awaiting approval, dunno about spam situation but it don`t encourage new posters...

Cheers
    Adam
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paralell_In.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	5355Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layout.jpg 
Views:	637 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	5356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle_spd.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	5357

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    i would still open an ebay/paypal case asap then explain you had to do it as a formality..then keep an eye on case expiry dates.
    I'll wait a little longer to open a case, the seller has sent me this e-mail:

dear friend
    i have hand your pictures and your problem to the factory ,once we get reply from them ,we will reply you immediately

Well...guess what...we have a problem...after around four or five hours intermittent use the z axis is misbehaving....when i jog down it goes up and when i jog up it goes down...hehe not... bloody Chinese gremlins!!!

The odd thing is that we can move the gantry to a certain position on the bed and it works fine but within a limited area. Because we need the parts urgently we are running it for the moment in this manner but its a pita!

I think because it works ok in one area of the machine that the problem is most likely to be with the wiring and not the driver boards...at least im hoping so..because any issue with the wiring would be a lot easier to resolve!

Forgot to mention that we are using Mach3

Anyone come across a similar problem?
    Last edited by camhguh; 20-02-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: include mach3 detail

Well...guess what...we have a problem...after around four or five hours intermittent use the z axis is misbehaving....when i jog down it goes up and when i jog up it goes down...hehe not... bloody Chinese gremlins!!!

The odd thing is that we can move the gantry to a certain position on the bed and it works fine but within a limited area. Because we need the parts urgently we are running it for the moment in this manner but its a pita!

I think because it works ok in one area of the machine that the problem is most likely to be with the wiring and not the driver boards...at least im hoping so..because any issue with the wiring would be a lot easier to resolve!

Forgot to mention that we are using Mach3

Anyone come across a similar problem?
    This is definitely a problem with the wire, I've found some people that had this problem too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to modcube For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information