. .

Thread: kress any good?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Adrian

Thanks for the reply and info. you experienced guys are invaluable with your inputs and advice to total laymen as i am,
    the weight and sound deadening advise again a big thank you, pete

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by totally useless View Post
    Hi Adrian

Thanks for the reply and info. you experienced guys are invaluable with your inputs and advice to total laymen as i am,
    the weight and sound deadening advise again a big thank you, pete
    If you want to see one running you are more than welcome to pop along and see mine. ..Clive

hi clive/adrian. thats really nice of you, i am in cheshire, where are you?
    Last edited by totally useless; 15-02-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    hi clive/adrian. thats really nice of you, i am in cheshire, where are you?
    If you hover with your mouse over the UK flag it says Stockport but I am in Marple about 3 mile from Stockport. ..Clive

Neale mentioned the most important point I think, the ER20 collet of a decent spindle, which is a must.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

If you were to go for a Kress (and I am not advising either way) look at http://www.sorotec.de/shop/Spindle-M...s/Routers-301/ and note the price compared with MD's asking price.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Hi .Thanks for that, i would have checked out out prices before buying, i just posted that as an example, but many thanks for the heads up ...Much appreciated :]

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    If you were to go for a Kress (and I am not advising either way) look at http://www.sorotec.de/shop/Spindle-M...s/Routers-301/ and note the price compared with MD's asking price.

Hi Clive.

Yes i see now {the flag thing} well Marple isn't that far, i would certainly like to take you up on your offer, to get a gauge of the noise level.
    unfortunately i work early till late monday to friday, would a weekend day be okay for you? i could make it any time sat or sundays.
    pete

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    If you hover with your mouse over the UK flag it says Stockport but I am in Marple about 3 mile from Stockport. ..Clive

Hi Clive.

Yes i see now {the flag thing} well Marple isn't that far, i would certainly like to take you up on your offer, to get a gauge of the noise level.
    unfortunately i work early till late monday to friday, would a weekend day be okay for you? i could make it any time sat or sundays.
    pete
    Pete That's fine by me. I will PM you my address and Number. ..Clive

Either tool will need an enclosure if it is run in an apartment. Both for noise and the wood dust being produced when cutting.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trispectiv For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information