. .
Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Nice work with the thermistor!

Just have one question.. do you still know where all those cables go :D
    Lots of connections in a very small space ;)

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
    The Nema's are wired in at moment which makes it a little more crazy, they need to be unwired and will go through the top of the box just above each driver through glands. The limit switches will travel through the wiring conduit which ends where they need to be, the 12v feed will travel through there before going to the BOB. The fan feeds I will run directly on the inside of the box.

It's confusing but it's a million times better than it was lol, can't finish the box until the last driver comes as I need access to the back of the plate to bolt it in. 21st day since I ordered it grrr, it was sent Epacket which is 10 days tops normally bloody Xmas, bahh humbug.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 30-11-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    The Nema's are wired in at moment which makes it a little more crazy, they need to be unwired and will go through the top of the box just above each driver through glands. The limit switches will travel through the wiring conduit which ends where they need to be, the 12v feed will travel through there before going to the BOB. The fan feeds I will run directly on the inside of the box.

It's confusing but it's a million times better than it was lol, can't finish the box until the last driver comes as I need access to the back of the plate to bolt it in. 21st day since I ordered it grrr, it was sent Epacket which is 10 days tops normally bloody Xmas, bahh humbug.
    Just wait till I start wiring :D
    Will need to mark everything to know what goes where!

Just wait till I start wiring :D
    Will need to mark everything to know what goes where!

It's not as bad as you think because by the time you have it wired you'll know every pin on that board better than you know the back of your hand lol.

The biggest pain is getting all the limit switches, Estop & 4 stall protection gnd's into the 1 socket that 1 wire barely fits it lol you also have to get 5 inputs into the Estop if you have stall protection. You also need to run 8 wires to your 5v on the BOB.

I have no idea what they are called but they are a godsend, look just under the BOB and on a bit of DIN rail I have those connectors. I found them in a scrap control box we have in the yard, the cable conduit was recovered as well with the din rail.

I see others on here using them maybe they can link you to what they're called they make the job a lot lot easier.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

I thought about that problem to!
    Going to use wago connectors. Love them! At least the wago 222, not al that fond of the 221. Don't think the spring is as good!

https://www.ametherm.com/inrush-curr...h-current.html

This is where I found the info on the thermistor, I then checked the spec out on the part number for a 1kva transformer and sourced an equiv EU solution as it was £15 surcharge for ordering US stock from Farnell then there delivery charge for a sub £1 thermistor lol I bought 2 for £2 delivered.

Mine has a continuous current ratings of 5amp, I wonder what would happen if it tried to draw more than 5amp I assume it would fail due to overheating.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 30-11-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post

Is there any point adding a slow fuse as well now I have working MCB type b protection?
    I don't think so. The MCB should trip after a sustained overload, i.e. at something like twice the rated current, they should both trip within a minute (roughly). The B curve/C curve thing is about how much of a short-duration overload they can take to cope with switch-on surge and so on. That's not so different from a slow-blow fuse, so the only reason for fitting a fuse as well is in case the MCB doesn't work. How much should you trust safety devices? My machine has a couple of fuses on the PSU (commercial item) and one of those blew once. The PSU was operating well within its rating; it was just that the fuse was tired and didn't want to play any more. I'm not sure that I don't trust the MCB more than the fuse, but I don't have much experience of them in this kind of situation. On the other hand, all your house wiring is probably protected by a bunch of MCBs, so the people who make the rules trust them.

Mr Postman arrived with a package from China for me can be only one thing ;)

Won't be back at work till 1pm but shouldn't take long to fit it, test it. Then drill the box and fit grommets for the nema's, limit switches, mains input & spindle output's, fit the box, fit the plate in the box and finally fir the wiring to the board lol. Hoping to get it all done today then tomorrow, get a sheet of mdf for the bed and start configuring the machine. Be nice to get the bed milled flat and vacuum holes drilled over the weekend.

I have a a few things I would like to build out before the end of the year and I'm starting to believe I might just get at least some of them built ;) Not long now.

e2a was my AM882 in the post dropped it on the machine and tested it works fine ;) I know have 4 moving axis and my Y axis is linked up. Took me some head scratching in Linuxcnc and editing the .hal and .ini files probably click a button in Mach 3 lol.

Tomorrow I can get the box finished and start with homing.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 01-12-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Long time coming but finally she moves using the AM882's and the Toroidal PSU from linuxcnc ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH7ISQcmeUM

At the moment I auto tuned the steppers (Hopefully, flick the SW4 switch on/off/on with rotation knob in 0 position) and set microstepping to 2 just to get it working but will get it set it properly next couple of days.)

What microstepping do others use for their AM882's? I was thinking X16.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 02-12-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Must feel amazing :D
    What's going into the cutter first?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Must feel amazing :D
    What's going into the cutter first?

MDF bed ;)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bed.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	23295

With 16mm holes in it, I have 16mm plastic plugs, 1000's of them so I can block off the holes as needed. Then going to use a vacuum cleaner for now but will upgrade to a vac pump and use a couple of air tanks for extra capacity. Clamping would do my head in, although I may still need to clamp lol.

Then have a play with some scrap wood before I start cutting expensive stuff lol, also want to check out how much flex I have in the middle so will try cutting hard woods in the centre
    Last edited by Desertboy; 02-12-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread Information