. .
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    Here are a couple more bits and bobs I’ve racked up in the last week.
    You're getting the hang of this aren't you! I think we need one of your splendid videos in the form of a quick tutorial. I could win a bucket of Brownie points with one of those chopping boards.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    I think we need one of your splendid videos in the form of a quick tutorial..

Kit
    I would second that :)

I could rack up a tutorial but couldn’t really claim it’s my idea. I’m a YouTube cnc expert! I basically watch more knowledgeable people do things and then bastardise it to do my thing.

I could rack up a tutorial but couldn’t really claim it’s my idea. I’m a YouTube cnc expert! I basically watch more knowledgeable people do things and then bastardise it to do my thing.
    I think that describes most of us. So who's existing online stuff would you recommend for providing the 'Instant Genius' effect?

I see you use Vectric which I think is seen as the go-to package for this kind of work. Fortunately the Men's Shed in my new home town decided to buy Vectric Pro to go with their newly aquired router so I have access to it if I borrow one of their laptops.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    So who's existing online stuff would you recommend for providing the 'Instant Genius' effect?
    Well, the stuff I like...... I suppose the king of it from what I’ve seen on youtube is broinwood. This little video sparked my interest in cnc. I’m still trying to work out his settings for the super fine detail. Half of me wonders if it’s his wood choice. American black walnut with maple. I believe these are much tighter grained than the cheaper woods I use making a better cut. But wood here in the uk is super expensive. I recon that amount of ABW and maple would cost me nearly £200! As a newbie I can’t make a mistake on that so shan’t be blowing that cash. Plus if I were to be spending that money I’d want a pretty penny for the result. Broinwood has a huge audience and could sell these for £750 all day long. I don’t.
    https://youtu.be/w51KsS7slmk

Broinwood has a huge audience and could sell these for £750 all day long. I don’t.
    Yeah, but your routers much better than his.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thanks for that youtube recommendation, I had not seen him before. The guy I had seen doing this on youtube is mtmwood.
    https://youtube.com/c/mtmwood.

Did you catch where he states that such a chopping board takes him 3weeks if he isn't working on anything else! So £750 is pretty cheap. You are right that the right timber is important and not cheap.....untill you start charging for your time, which then quickly swamps the material costs!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yeah, but your routers much better than his.
    I think you are probably right. It’s a shame the bloke operating it is a plonker.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewg View Post
    Thanks for that youtube recommendation, I had not seen him before. The guy I had seen doing this on youtube is mtmwood.
    https://youtube.com/c/mtmwood.

Did you catch where he states that such a chopping board takes him 3weeks if he isn't working on anything else! So £750 is pretty cheap. You are right that the right timber is important and not cheap.....untill you start charging for your time, which then quickly swamps the material costs!
    Yes, mtmwood is another classic. Love watching that kind of stuff. Mesmerising.

Need to step up my game.

Yes, mtmwood is another classic. Love watching that kind of stuff. Mesmerising.

Need to step up my game.
    Just be mindful that they have both been doing this for many years and I'd bet my left gonad they didn't make the things you have within just a few weeks of ever using a CNC machine, so don't be so hard on your self, you are doing amazing..
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information