. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    if you are a DIY person- Junkyard. 1hp or bigger compressor from air conditioner , 5-7euro where i live. make sure to obtain the capacitor and power cable, as later will spend more time in internet searching how to wire it. Silent and powerful. Small. But heavy. No need for additional air tank.Check oil and pour inside if necessary. Whatever oil you have/machine, car, not frying oil/. Plug a car fuel filter one side so no dust enters it, and hose at the other side. Thats it. It could be used for mist cooling, painting with small gun, etc. Even for vacuum holding, i would say-especially for vacuum holding.

Or cheap 2HP, ~70EUR or GBP will do. Any mega store.

From there to a professional compressor its worth buying one 2hp more , than buying compressors in the 70-800EUR range. I am talking Spain, but in UK should be similar.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    I'm in Aldi as I type, look what I found:

£170

.Me

Exactly a compressor not worth buying. .

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Exactly a compressor not worth buying. .
    Why not that is contradicting what you've said above "2hp mega store" or did I miss something ?

From what I can tell all these Aldi/Lidl power tools come from the same main brand and just get re branded, for instance my drill press is a PowerCraft, little 80a stick welder - pankhurst. Both are listed on the main website - Erbauer.

.Me
    .Me

Parkerbrand.co.uk next day free delivery for £99 or with tools for £120 for a 50l compressor

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Why not that is contradicting what you've said above "2hp mega store" or did I miss something ?

From what I can tell all these Aldi/Lidl power tools come from the same main brand and just get re branded, for instance my drill press is a PowerCraft, little 80a stick welder - pankhurst. Both are listed on the main website - Erbauer.

.Me

Its just in my opinion, but 2hp for £70 is what i meant. You could all with that one and even paint/and wait every 2 min a bit if big HVLP gun/. The problem with the £150 one you show is that it will not reach professional lever for using air tools and not reach the CFM for paint gun, but at the same time is double more expensive.

What i mean it is double or triple more expensive and will do the same job.

i would classify the compressors worth buying like that:

0. Silent compressor, good for blowing dust of lens, cleaning pc, small airbrush jobs

1. 2hp -70-80 euro Ok for inflating tyres and all around, non pro but usefull. The one that is a must to have at home

2. then next one is 2-3kw 1hp, belt driven 50l or more, 500 and more euro, 500=chinese

3. The best for a small workshop 2-3kw, belt driven 1 phase 100-200l or if you have 3 phase 3-4kw, 200l.

I have all 3. silent for when wife sleeps, aerograph or lens cleaning, small one is portable, when i need to bring it somewhere or with the car, or on job site. Big one recently obtained, for painting, plasma, air tools, etc...

I'm glad this thread has popped up as I was asking myself the same questions . As far as I can tell you can either have:
    Quiet 50dB but expensive £300 and low flow 40 litres/minute
    Noisy 95dB but cheap £100 and high flow rate 180 litres / minute
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Its just in my opinion, but 2hp for £70 is what i meant.
    Ahh ok I'm with you now :), I didn't really consider the price.

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    I'm glad this thread has popped up as I was asking myself the same questions . As far as I can tell you can either have:
    I've got a load of the insulation left over from building my workshop, I was thinking about build a box for the compressor's to live in and insulate the "shizel" out of it to cut the noise out.

Tempted to do that but on the outside of my shop as I have two areas that would allow for it...dunno if that's just ott though given the usage they see.

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 30-04-2016 at 05:25 PM.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    The noisy one will also require either ear plugs or psycho-active drugs. The cat will look for a new home and your wife will double the dose of Warfarin she puts in your tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    The noisy one will also require either ear plugs or psycho-active drugs. The cat will look for a new home and your wife will double the dose of Warfarin she puts in your tea.
    Bit posh round your way ain't they, my old lady always used bleeding Rat poison!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information