. .

Thread: Which Software

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yes sorry about that.

We still really need feedback, no good suggesting Mastercam X if all he wants to do is cut engraved dog tags.
    I use a few different programs and tend to pick one that suits the job. I have Cambam but to be honest I have never got round the playing with it to learn it correctly instead I tend to rely on programs I have more experiance with.

Anything fancy involving text or what I class as Arty Farty, and no disrespect here, I use VCarve Pro from Vectric.

2 1/2D work on engineering parts I use either Dolphin or Sharpcam, both very similar and you can fine tune them to get the best tool path.

3D work which I try to avoid as much as possible I use an early version of Sprutcam, decent program but a very large learning curve.

John S -

Vectrics Vcarve and CUT3D will do pretty much everything

Andy

I've just come across 'Freemill'. Installing it now. Here's the direct link to save you signing up (not that that's any trouble):
    http://www.cncportal.com/FreeMILLInstaller_1.0.1.exe

Wow, it's *incredibly* similar to QuickCAMpro by Denford, to the point you might say one copied the other....except QuickCAMpro costs money and has a few more options!

Very similar to Vectric's Cut3D although Vectric has more control over the part and tooling, you can do a roughing path and finishing path with a second tool.

BTW I tried tried Freemill but it refuses to post saying "Failed to write to external file " ?
    John S -

Sorry its taken a while to reply, Work!!! Some people have asked what i would like to use the machine for, well obviously i would like to use the machine within and upto its limitations but if i must commit myself I would like to be able to produce a few motorcycle parts including fork yolks (I do a little motorcycle restoration), Aluminium being the order of the day, some parts complex and some not so, Maybe in the begining i will do some wood test pieces. I would like also to be able to produce logo's with text on the pieces... I suppose what i would like is for the system to ask me a number of questions defining my basic requirements with fine tuning after that, as ive no experience, if thats not possible then i leave it upto your superior wisdom

Hope that helps a little..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Ive looked at Vectric Aspire, Its a nice piece of software with cool videos, I Reckon I could be using that in no time but the price is just too high, maybe once i get more experience i will go with something like that but for the moment..... NOooo...

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

I would like to be able to produce a few motorcycle parts including fork yolks
    Do eggs play a part in the components of a bike,Rick??

Sorry couldn't resist that one. :naughty:

It was meant to be a Yoke

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeD View Post
    Do eggs play a part in the components of a bike,Rick??

Sorry couldn't resist that one. :naughty:

It was meant to be a Yoke
    LOL dont you ever sleep??? and as I said 2mins.....

Having looked just at a picture of a motorbike yoke I I'm pretty sure you could make that quite easily with the free version of CAMbam.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information