. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Silly me mate not mentioning what the bolt does! I holds a cutter wedge.
    It would need to be the same weight to balance the others if it is on the cutter block. ..Clive

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

If it's retaining your planer blade you are going to need it making from a decent piece of steel, if Kity don't do spares i would do as per Tornado69 post but not quite sure regarding the tensile strength of MS square stock, to be on the safe side i would get an oversize Unbrako bolt and machine from that, the Unbrako fasteners i have used in the past are very tough.
    Hope that helps
    Mike

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mekanik For This Useful Post:

Hi Clive,

Thank you for your msg. Yes it would have to be pretty close for weight I know the importance of balance many years ago I ground by hand cutters for the old whitehill blocks. Not one of my favourite jobs!

Many thanks Suesi

Hi T0rnado69,

Thank for your msg not sure why but it never came into my email inbox. I nearly missed it had it no been referred to. Using a good bit of material that is a very good idea. If I cant find the bolt I think I will look into going that way.

Many thanks

Suesi

Hi mekanik

Thank you for your msg. I had never heard of Unbrako fasteners but just looked on the site they are obviously good stuff. I think I will contact them to see what they do square head wise before getting one made. I see they used to do some!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2709194450...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Many thanks Suesi

Quote Originally Posted by suesi34e View Post
    I ground by hand cutters for the old whitehill blocks. Not one of my favourite jobs!
    I've still got scar from one those lethal bastards.! . . Cutter let go skimmed my belly and embedded it's self in wall. My mate wasn't so lucky when is let go embedded it's self in his thigh.!! . . Messy job.

Think your only option if Kity won't reply is to make one then heat treat it. Will need good grade of steel or bolt if you modifie something.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 11-01-2015 at 05:12 PM.

This seems to be the mostly likely place to get Kity spares, but people say drive belts are about the only thing available.
    http://www.kitystc.eu/index.php
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-x-1-25...item35dfce7a00
    That might turn down not sure off hand of the dia of the head if someone has any M10 socket heads and could post the dia that would be helpfull you can then compare it with the cross corner dimension on your item if it's larger it's a winner.
    Mike
    Last edited by mekanik; 11-01-2015 at 04:17 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mekanik For This Useful Post:

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I've still got scare from one those lethal bastards.! . . Cutter let go skimmed my belly and embedded it's self in wall. My mate wasn't so lucky when is let go embedded it's self in his thigh.!! . . Messy job.
    It's illegal to use Whitehill blocks now. If H&S catch you using them, you'll have an awful lot of explaining to do.
    Any blades now have to have a pin/bolt that passes through the blade so it can't just fly out as soon as it slackens off, or be of a design where it can't come out just by being loose.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    It's illegal to use Whitehill blocks now. If H&S catch you using them, you'll have an awful lot of explaining to do.
    Any blades now have to have a pin/bolt that passes through the blade so it can't just fly out as soon as it slackens off, or be of a design where it can't come out just by being loose.
    Aww ye I know all about the Work place Gestapo and they are long gone anyway I didn't need telling. All replaced with lovely safe chip limited tooling no more dodge city. . Lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information