. .
Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
    Pity it wasn't a glider - must have been some good thermals under those clouds!

Well done - great sense of satisfaction in building something using a machine you built yourself. Nice landing, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Pity it wasn't a glider - must have been some good thermals under those clouds!

Well done - great sense of satisfaction in building something using a machine you built yourself. Nice landing, too!
    Cheers Neale, the wing loading is such that it can thermal, it's a real floater. It was satisfying telling everyone who asked about the plane that I made it from scratch on my CNC router I also made myself!

The landing was a good one, second had one hop skip and a jump
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Neil Beautiful job. You obviously can fly as well. Brill.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Brilliant job!
    The sky was very cinematic too, you couldn't have picked a better backdrop for filming,

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lovely job well done. Those high wing trainer types are very relaxing to fly.

Jealous now as I haven't been flying for several years. Must get on with that Spitfire project ! . . . . after I've finished the MK4 router, and the house jobs list, and, and
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Neil Beautiful job. You obviously can fly as well. Brill.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Brilliant job!
    The sky was very cinematic too, you couldn't have picked a better backdrop for filming,

- Nick
    Cheers chaps

The sky looked brooding....1/2 hr later and it was a clear blue sky (but was sitting down having a sausage and bacon buttieClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Fly-in_1.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	390.0 KB 
ID:	18716 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fly-in_5.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	18717, an hour later and it was tipping it down again Wasn't the best video as it was taken on my mate's phone...must get a GoPro (or equivalent) so I can strap it inside/outside and film. Would like to go FPV in it for a laugh
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Lovely job well done. Those high wing trainer types are very relaxing to fly.

Jealous now as I haven't been flying for several years. Must get on with that Spitfire project ! . . . . after I've finished the MK4 router, and the house jobs list, and, and
    Cheers Barry, that's what I wanted, a nice floaty relaxing plane....next one is another trainer type but for a 0.25 glow motor to scream about the sky and practice my inverted flying etc. etc.

I've still got stuff to do on the router...home switches, limit switches etc...someday!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Nice work Neil looks great, lol to the info on the switches.

.Me
    .Me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Ok so Friday I started the frame to mount the router vertically, finished it off today including paint. It wasn't the all singing and dancing one I first planned as that would have been far too heavy to move. This will have a wood enclosure eventually to stop plastic/wood/metal chips from flying about as well as a dust/fume extraction system in it. Lots still to do, tomorrow will be putting the control panel on the wall and at last putting the electronics inside it! Anyway, some photos of the frame and router mounted.

Last edited by njhussey; 25-07-2016 at 10:27 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Looking good Neil I will be looking forward to see how it pans out in use.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread Information