. .
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    jazzcnc,
    I would normally call this the Y axis as well but USBCNC calls it the X axis. For some reason the designer has the axis the wrong way round from what have seen is normal. I have tried to change it in the software but there does not seem to be an option for it.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    You don't have to heat bearings up that much. 100degC is more than enough for installation, and it won't do any damage to the bearing or whatever grease is inside it.
    Often sitting them on top of a hot radiator for an hour or so is enough to give that bit vital clearance for easy installation.
    Better still do both that way they just slip on sweet.
    I find oven on low works good for large items like crankcase's etc . . .We race motoX so with rebuilding engines and forks I get plenty of practice.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    jazzcnc,
    I would normally call this the Y axis as well but USBCNC calls it the X axis. For some reason the designer has the axis the wrong way round from what have seen is normal. I have tried to change it in the software but there does not seem to be an option for it.

Ian
    Dont know much about USBCNC but surely it's upto you which Axis moves by how you connect the drives to the board. Hisn't it simply a case of connecting the X axis motors to the USBCNC designated X axis output.?
    Then when USBCNC see's G-code telling the X axis to move it outputs pulses to it's X axis output which are connected to your X axis drives. . Simplizz's.!!

Like Mach it shouldn't and probably doesn't care which Axis is which, it just outputs pulses to it's designated pins or in your case connector on the board.
    You could call them Jim, spock and Mc Coy it doesn't care (Can you tell I'm watching Star trek.! Lol)

I did that to start with but it gave me some problems with homing the machine so I changed it. Also its really annoying to watch the machine go one way and the graphics on the pc go the other! I did ask the designer if it could be changed but I didnt get a reply to my email so I will take that as a no.

Ian

Here is a screen shot of the jog screen. You will see what I mean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USBCNC screen shot.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	4718
    The direction of the axis can be reversed but not the x and the y.

Ian

Ian that looks right to me? orientation should be side on to the machine not head on as you may be thinking? It's not a mil
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Ian that looks right to me? orientation should be side on to the machine not head on as you may be thinking? It's not a mil
    Yep I agree thats how I view it. . . . Mach works like this as well.

Ian I have downloaded the USBCNC software so I'll go have a look.

I see what you mean. It might just be me. I am used to profiling machinery and we always use the rail as the x axis and it is always head on on the screen as well. I am getting used to it slowly. I have plans to mount the pc under the frame of the machine and to mount the screen and keyboard on an arm at the front left corner of the bed so that the pc screen will be at 45 degrees to the machine so then I will be looking at the machine and the screen in the same direction so to speak so the machine movement will follow the screen movement.

Ian

Think how a 2D cad screen is laid out, most routers are the same. A mill is head on and centered (point 0) so your machine will be xy axis positioned bottom left (point 0). Easy mistake :-)
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

I've just loaded USBCNC with some of my G-code and it shows perfectly just like it would in Mach.

Like Poz says just view it as the side is your front view and it will make sense.

I'm now going to have a good rumage around in USBCNC software, I may just invest in one for a lathe project I have in mind.?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information