. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Model engineers are mostly grumpy old dinosaur tight twat's like John S
    I resemble that remark

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    I resemble that remark
    Me Too but I hide it well..!!

Wow - shocking stuff re STRIKECNC! The worst part of all that is that CNC for me is fun and hugely rewarding and you can turn creativity into realism and that sort of bad press puts a sour taste in peoples mouth. You should not have to "modify a machine under warranty" the machine should work. I can't believe so many sales happened as they did... Really bad press for CNC and I'm very sad to hear as such... I do hope that my initial impression does not lead to any such equivalent opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Rory please save your fingers and lay off the sales patter a minute we know all this has it's standard stuff, or should be on any half decent quality CNC machine, just this below would have done.!. . . LOL
    Apologies for incessant typing But we have seen machines come in with slap in the ballscrew housings that negates any of the advantages that the ballscrews can deliver in the first place. Sometimes you really have to wonder...?

Good on the sealing but this won't stop vibes killing or shaking lose electronic components long term.! . . How long has this machine been in production.?
    This is an interesting point and one which I have some experience with through my time at University - my first comment is that self excited machine vibration / chatter is not good and causes havoc with the cutting results as well as with the machine and should be avoided like the plague at all costs - and chatter is down to the machine frame dynamics, the cutter and the tool path parameters.. However chatter aside - the level of vibration from a spindle during cutting especially is significant and as you know the vibration level is the square of the rotational speed which does not help our cause as CNCists.

Our machines come with rubber feet with height adjustment. The rubber feet dampen out the hummmmmm associated with a rotational vibration excitation being transmitted through (and in some cases amplified by) the machine structure into the table. For sure the hummm can then be transmitted back to the control bay and cause fatigue/terminal issues long term however the levels of vibration are relatively low in our case. The digital leadshine drives to my knowledge have midband resonance damping so the steppers run smooth and so do the drive systems - minimal vibration levels contributed there. The ER20 collets on the high speed spindles we use run very true with little run-out minimising the eccentric mass levels during rotation minimising vibration levels.

The control electronics are mounted onto a plate that is secured to the base of the box section frame on the opposite side of the machining table. Therefore there is the Tslot bed and the 80mm x 50mm frame bed acting as a mechanical filter between cutting and the control bay. Again with that said I could put an accelerometer on the machine and see what the actual acceleration levels generated are. The machine has been in production with us for almost two years with no issues to date. To memory the BOB is mounted on rubber standoffs and has a ribbon cable between the LPT output and the machine frame - I'll check it out. The leadshines are bolted to the Al plate - again I'll give more deets with pics early next week.

Long term I'm also a fan of the soldering Iron. Time yes - but worth it!!!

Nope other than likes of Model engineering shows etc but I've been to several shows and only seen 3 CNC based company's. One selling router's like yours and the other Laser cutters and then Arc euro trade with millers. Most gave up on shows in the end I think.? . . . Model engineers are mostly grumpy old dinosaur tight twat's like John S. .
    Haha! a very honest response. may not be worth the effort in that case.. interesting

Thanks for your time and open honesty it's rare quality these days from folks trying to make money from CNC.
    Many thanks for your positive words. I got into CNC as I love the freedom of being able to turn ideas into reality and was always frustrated at University as the machines were the technicians territory. There was a serious disconnect between the eejit doing the CAD drawings and the eeejit machining the bits..

We would like to contribute positively to this area as I feel there is a "make it movement" occurring. We need to start making things again and we can't make stuff - or even begin to makes stuff with CNC tools - if there are not affordable machines that can actually do some commercial work and get people into it.

Model engineers are mostly grumpy old dinosaur tight twat's like John S. .
    Hey I resemble that remark.

Anyway less of the model, I work in 12" to the foot.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by StoneyCNC View Post
    Wow - shocking stuff re STRIKECNC! The worst part of all that is that CNC for me is fun and hugely rewarding and you can turn creativity into realism and that sort of bad press puts a sour taste in peoples mouth. You should not have to "modify a machine under warranty" the machine should work. I can't believe so many sales happened as they did... Really bad press for CNC and I'm very sad to hear as such... I do hope that my initial impression does not lead to any such equivalent opinions!
    Yep a first class eeejit. Purely in it for profit not the mutual benefit of both party's.
    He had every chance to put things right but failed miserably, he failed on every count.

To me any business person touting there machines on public forum like this need to be ready and prepared for folks like me.!!
    I grew up in the Car trade and can smell and spot bullshit from thousand miles, my engineering background and experience in CNC also allows me to see threw smoke and mirrors and spot the things that matter or in his case fail massively.

You my friend are clearly NOT smelly or an illusionist and so far you have answered my questions perfectly satisfactory.!! . . Well Bit waffley but I'm ok with that. . Lol . . better to over explain than be vague thou just be careful not to over do it and start smelling like bull excrement.!!

Our machines come with rubber feet with height adjustment. The rubber feet dampen out the hummmmmm associated with a rotational vibration excitation being transmitted through (and in some cases amplified by) the machine structure into the table. For sure the hummm can then be transmitted back to the control bay and cause fatigue/terminal issues long term however the levels of vibration are relatively low in our case.
    I see what your saying and while this may be fine for lighter work like cutting woods etc, which I'm getting the impression most of these machines have been marketed and sold to do I can tell you for sure that it will be a very different case if it starts cutting Aluminium at any usable depth.
    I've made several steel framed machines which easily match and surpass the strength of your machine and I can tell you 100% that when rough cutting Ali at 3-4mm+ DOC with larger cutters (upto 12mm) it will transfer thru the frame.
    This is where my experience with cutting mostly aluminium comes in and the electronics sat directly underneath the Bed and on the frame would concern me long term.!!

Look forward to seeing under the bonnet.!

And then there’s rednecks like me who are far too old to start learning all this shit and just want a reliable machine that works out of the box and don’t cost the same a three bedroom semi. So I rely on people like Jazz to cut through the bull, bring the Spanish inquisition down upon potential sellers so I’m not spending hours crying into my milk about cowboys like StrikeCNC. And thus if you are able to pass his integrity check without any long term metal issues you will defiantly be on my list of potential new machines (if and when ) my new project makes any money.

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our rail system is custom built in Germany - I won't go into specifics until I have pictures to support explanations - early next week at the latest.

looking forward to seeing those stoney ,my first thoughts were theres skate type bearings hidden away in there.nice machines.

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    looking forward to seeing those stoney ,my first thoughts were theres skate type bearings hidden away in there.nice machines.
    haha - fair, the saying goes - its whats "not said" that can leave questions... gutted pictures of her with he clothes off and more explanations to come ASAP.

I see what your saying and while this may be fine for lighter work like cutting woods etc, which I'm getting the impression most of these machines have been marketed and sold to do I can tell you for sure that it will be a very different case if it starts cutting Aluminium at any usable depth.
    I've made several steel framed machines which easily match and surpass the strength of your machine and I can tell you 100% that when rough cutting Ali at 3-4mm+ DOC with larger cutters (upto 12mm) it will transfer thru the frame.
    This is where my experience with cutting mostly aluminium comes in and the electronics sat directly underneath the Bed and on the frame would concern me long term.!!

Look forward to seeing under the bonnet.!
    12mm cutter up to 3-4mm DOC in ALI would indeed generate significant feed forces and vibrations and of course would make everything hum Until I have hard evidence of potential to show in HD I'm going to stay in my box for now :)

You my friend are clearly NOT smelly or an illusionist and so far you have answered my questions perfectly satisfactory.!! . . Well Bit waffley but I'm ok with that. . Lol . . better to over explain than be vague thou just be careful not to over do it and start smelling like bull excrement.!!
    haha - be careful - my years of University were conducive to excessive waffle - I have a better gauge on the audience here now so I shall amend tone accordingly to get rid of any smelly stuff! Smelly stuff is not the goal here! - its great to knock heads with people who know what the story is

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    And then there’s rednecks like me who are far too old to start learning all this shit and just want a reliable machine that works out of the box and don’t cost the same a three bedroom semi. So I rely on people like Jazz to cut through the bull, bring the Spanish inquisition down upon potential sellers so I’m not spending hours crying into my milk about cowboys like StrikeCNC. And thus if you are able to pass his integrity check without any long term metal issues you will defiantly be on my list of potential new machines (if and when ) my new project makes any money.
    haha great response :) Its great to get an integrity check by someone with such experience...! And a machine should work to claimed spec - end of.

So now you have your feet under the table do forum members get a 90% discount ?

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    So now you have your feet under the table do forum members get a 90% discount ?
    That’s an outrageous suggestion John , be realistic please .. 6 months trial to buy would be much more sensible!

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information