. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Can you get anything useful from here ? I'm also using PILZ and ESS
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/gantry...html#post52213
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Can you get anything useful from here ? I'm also using PILZ and ESS
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/gantry...html#post52213
    Ye how to go completely OTT with building a DIY control Box. . . . . (Chill before throwing chisels at me I'm only playing with you, each to there own.!)

Cheers for the comments the switches were ment to be normally closed and are shown wrong. Lol
    Im out at the moment and will get back when I'm home.
    The pilz relays were only me trying to make use of stuff ive already got and may be beter than some cheap alternatives.

As has been said, put the limits and E/Stops in series. don't cut power to the bob.
    You would then just need to use the PNOZ X9P, also why are you have a reverse option on the VFD ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I may be wrong but I only wanted the limits to kill the steppers and leave power to all the other systems and the estop to kill everything but the supply to the bob.

Quote Originally Posted by GTJim View Post
    I may be wrong but I only wanted the limits to kill the steppers and leave power to all the other systems and the estop to kill everything but the supply to the bob.
    There is no right and wrong, that's a fair requirement. I chose to put the limits and E/Stops in series because I couldn't see the point of having both scenarios you mention, what's the point of killing power to the steppers but leaving the VFD running for example ? You can still put the limit override switch across them if they are in series with the E/Stops.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 02-03-2014 at 09:39 PM.

It seems like a few amendments are needed.
    Has anyone got an easy to understand grounding/earthing diagram for a similar circuit, and info regarding suitable components to use?
    Below is a very basic sketch I've found but not enough detail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Star Wiring.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	11744  
    Last edited by GTJim; 03-03-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTJim View Post
    It seems like a few amendments are needed.
    Has anyone got an easy to understand grounding/earthing diagram for a similar circuit, and info regarding suitable components to use?
    Below is a very basic sketch I've found but not enough detail.
    Just my 2 cents worth. Personally I would not put the VFD inside the control box as it will generate a lot of noise (rf speaking). Also it's not a good idea to daisy chain the power supply to the drives, I would run separate cables back from each drive to the power supply. The grounding of all the screens on the cy cables etc should all go back to one central place, (called a star) Most people tend to ground the screen at one end only.. ..Clive

Hi Clive, thanks for your comments.
    I was only using the sketch to show a very simple example of grounding/earthing and was hoping to get feed back relating to methods and components used.
    Jim

As Clive says each driver should be wired back to the PSU.
    For my earth star point I'm using the terminals DIN rail. If you use these for your screens, EK2.5 - Detailed item view - Chalon Components, they earth right onto the rail which becomes the star point and it's tidy.

Also have a read at this (though for some reason I always seem to get some stick for these posts)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/router...html#post53732

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information