. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Buying drives from China is Ok but you have to buy in minimum quantities of 30, 50 is better and this way it covers for the odd dead one.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    So £76.76 + 20% vat if/when customs have you plus the £10 rip off charge shipping company bends you over for. So 76.76 + 15.35 + 10 = £102 so what you saving.?

Then if like all electrical devices can suffer from and it's faulty it aint an easy exchange.?? . . . . . I love Ebay and cheap chinese bits but some times then just not worth the little saving.!! . . . Drives are one such thing I don't buy from china.!
    It looks like there may be quite a market for a distributor of CNC components in the UK! Could anyone recommend a distributor of the leadshine drives within the UK? i.e. a safer/cheaper way of getting my hands on these drives?

3. Quote Originally Posted by andy0202 View Post
    It looks like there may be quite a market for a distributor of CNC components in the UK! Could anyone recommend a distributor of the leadshine drives within the UK? i.e. a safer/cheaper way of getting my hands on these drives?

Zapp Automation

Quote Originally Posted by andy0202 View Post
    The link in my previous post will take you straight to the UK supplier and page for the drive I mentioned.

Edit: Opp's didn't see Irving said it already.? Good man.

Thanks for the info guys,

With your help/suggestions I have decided on the Zapp Automation Ltd - Stepper motors & Stepper Motor Drivers - Servo motors and Servo Motor Drivers - Ballscrews & linear motion products. : AM882 Digital driver with stall detect [AM882 Digital driver] - £98.40

Seems like there is a few options for me to play around with!

Thanks again,
    Andy

6. We're planning to make a couple of videos with comparation geckos, leadshines and purelogic drives. If you would like to see specific parameters compared, pls tell me, i'll try to arrange such tests.

It would be interesting to test the 'robustness' claims of the more expensive geckos against the other drives! see how many are left standing at the end.

Well i have 12 dead gecko's is anyone wants to peer inside.
    John S -

9. If you dont plan to get them fixed by Gecko, I'd like to have a look and see if they're fixable.

I have killed two Gecko's to date and was able to fix one but not the other. It was a fairly simple change out of the main chip if I recall and it would have had to have been easy as I am definitely NOT an electronics type of person - arc welding is about as close as I normally get to electrickery.

With my 50% success rate I also have a good home for any dead geckos that are no longer wanted by their owners.

Nick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information