. .
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noyloj View Post
    And just to prove I'm not the only mad bastard to use Nema 34s all axis. Amonst many others, there's this guy who sells kits in the states. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wixyn2RNNpU

And I'm only f'in using them 'cos I got them cheap! Nutters!
    I got my first missus cheap but don't mean to say she was any good

What a limp video, tells you sod all, might as well advertise on the back of a bus except for the fact he's using the wrong couplings so what else is pissed up. the yanks are good for this , they invented the Bridgeport after all.

Look at the CNC fusion kits, Z axis stuck that far out the side it's only good for drying clothes on.
    The Hi torque lathe kit looks like it was designed in kindergarden.
    John S -

Clive s. I don't think I ever suggested otherwise!
    Last edited by noyloj; 08-01-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I got my first missus cheap but don't mean to say she was any good

What a limp video, tells you sod all, might as well advertise on the back of a bus except for the fact he's using the wrong couplings so what else is pissed up. the yanks are good for this , they invented the Bridgeport after all.

Look at the CNC fusion kits, Z axis stuck that far out the side it's only good for drying clothes on.
    The Hi torque lathe kit looks like it was designed in kindergarden.
    Yes but you still used her didn't cha! ;)

Yes but you still used her didn't cha! ;)
    Ye but when his Old Girt was still with us she listened to his every word because he's such tactfull knowledgable Charmer. (Well that's what the Old bastard told me anyway)

Now is new upgraded model it's other way around because she can teach him thing or two. . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ye but when his Old Girt was still with us she listened to his every word because he's such tactfull knowledgable Charmer. (Well that's what the Old bastard told me anyway)

Now is new upgraded model it's other way around because she can teach him thing or two. . Lol
    Tact and charm are my strong points too! See how much we have in common!

Tact and charm are my strong points too! See how much we have in common!
    No John is Wise old Owl and Gent your just arrogent Cockend.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No John is Wise old Owl and Gent your just arrogent Cockend.!!
    Still, at least I don't resort to insults when I don't know the first thing about someone's background. Still in ya cozy little internet bubble it you'll have that nice warm feeling. Anyway much as I'd like to absorb all the vitriol (just because I AM USING NEMA 34 motors and refuse to kiss ass!) I'd rather fill this space with a log of my build.

Can you imagine Star Trek?

Captains Log, Stardate 7 1 2017.

We are just about to enter the Alpha Quadrant....

(Pipes up) Oooh, No Captain! You don't enter the Alpha Quadrant like that we've all already been to the Alpha Quadrant, it's not as good as you think it is! You are an arrogant shit if you think you can enter the Alpha Quadrant like that! In fact we've a good mind to take away your Log! Now do as you're told and enter the Alpha Quadrant like you've been told!

Hahhahah!

Over and out!
    Last edited by noyloj; 08-01-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Incidentally you should look up the definition of LOG in this context.

Merriam-Webster:- a record of performance, events, or day-to-day activities

Cambridge:- a full written record of a journey, a period of time, or an event

I don't think there is any mention of the writers character or personality by people unconnected to the aforementioned events!

Still, at least I don't resort to insults when I don't know the first thing about someone's background.
    We like to try help people not make mistakes around here whether we see that in LOG or General Q post but when they come back with attitude like yours which was rude and arrogant we make assumptions based on that attitude. Hence you acted like Cockend with your replys to people who are just trying to help offer sound advise So your COCKEND to ME.!!

Just because you have Drives/motors and they were cheap doesn't mean you should use them. You could sell them and buy better suited.!
    We know thru experience that there's lot of work time goes into building/converting these machines and not something one wants to waste time doing twice so the advise given is based on things like this not just because we are Anal or got OCD.

Now Captain Clingon crack on with your LOG and have happy Journey.

If I sold them I wouldn't be able to play with them, or re-use them for my router project! It's very simple. Granted they are not ideal but many people who convert these machines seem to do so in phases. Using what is cheap and at hand provisionally to go onto adapt the build into something else. Hoss's plans breaks down into three phases. Mine begins as an adaptation of the second phase. It's not an attack on anyone here to say that this is how I intend to build my machine. I'm very happy if you've all found good solutions. If I had the cash, or wanted to, I would buy a kit and go down that road but I simply came here to build a machine THIS way. The pitfalls, and I'm sure there will be many, are part of the learning curve for me. The log here should provide evidence of these pitfalls for other people. I honestly don't see what the problem is. I was not foul mouthed or abusive toward anyone here, believe it or not I respect you guys, who many would consider to be a bunch of geeks, because I am a sad geek too! I hope you can understand that my abrasive manner is not any reflection on anyone here, and I certainly didn't mean to be understood as rude! It's just who I am since my accident. Happy CNCing!
    Last edited by noyloj; 08-01-2017 at 03:09 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to noyloj For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information