. .
    Hello, I have trouble with error EoAn in my Huanyang vfd. According to the error codes this should be due to Motor Overlad at normal operation speed.

It have started to happen quite often even when i'm doing low load cuts. If I just turn the spindle on and let it spin without any material I dont get the error. Seems like it also stops randomly without any error. Could it be noise on the control signal to the VFD? Could that also give an overload error?

When did the motor last run normally when cutting and what has happened or changed since then?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

That's the strange part I haven't done any changes to the electronics, except I changed to shielded signal cables between the VFD and the controller. The stops are very random in behavior, but it seems to increase in frequency when I use the machine. And the next day it runs for a while in the beginning, and then the frequency between each stop becomes shorter. However I haven't run the machine enough to be absolutely certain this is a recurring event.

That the problem increases with use would correlate with temperature increase. But the VFD seems cool. The 2.2Kw spindle becomes a bit warm, cooling water at 44 degree celsius, but I dont see how that should trigger and overload error.

The randomness of the failures could just mean noise in the electrical system. I tried disconnecting the control cables from the controller to the spindle and setting speeds, start and stop from the VFD. I haven't had any problems since, but I haven't tested it for long enough to be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoMill View Post
    I haven't had any problems since, but I haven't tested it for long enough to be certain.
    Until you test adequately any answers would be guesses, or would be requests for you to test adequately ;-)

Motor overload should be related to current draw as read by a current sensing circuit so the error ought not to be generated by input noise.
    Have you checked that the current Parameters are correct for your spindle?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information