. .
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Hi Gary, would a USB to RS232 interface not suffer the same issues as standard USB when it comes to timing's? Or is there something I am missing here.

I also wonder if Linux is more reliable than windows (Especially when using USB) especially a Linuxcnc Live cd? I have no idea if you can get Mach 3 for Linux.

Chaz I'll be interested to see if it was a crossed cable causing your issues, fingers crossed for your weekend movements ;)
    USB serial works, its low baud rates.

Mach 3 for Linux, no. There is Linux CNC which is meant to be good, but won't support my cslabs stuff as far as I'm aware.

Thanks, will update over the weekend.

2. RS232 is only used to set up the kinco ac servo driver using the kinco servo software, it has nothing to do with cnc.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Hi Gary, would a USB to RS232 interface not suffer the same issues as standard USB when it comes to timing's? Or is there something I am missing here.

I also wonder if Linux is more reliable than windows (Especially when using USB) especially a Linuxcnc Live cd? I have no idea if you can get Mach 3 for Linux.

Chaz I'll be interested to see if it was a crossed cable causing your issues, fingers crossed for your weekend movements ;)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    RS232 is only used to set up the kinco ac servo driver using the kinco servo software, it has nothing to do with cnc.
    Is the CNC ran through Ethernet? I think I must have missed a link somewhere along the way
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

5. yes, he uses the csmio-ip-a that links to the PC with an ethernet cable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Its alive !!!!

Still got to mount the spindle, wire some limits, tidy, PID tune, test. But getting there.

;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

So I tried to do the 'double up' with the limit switch for X. Make it home and limit. It goes home, but then when you try and drive the machine manually it says 'limit hit'. I know there is a manual override on the settings page, will try that.

Holly Jaws!!! you are almostthere!

So, managed to make a small cut, nothing exciting. I need to sort the table. X and Y limit switches mounted and wired in. Having an issue with my Y motor holder, its not 100% level and causing issues, will sort.

Any thoughts on what I could use as a table? Ive seen alu T plates and similar for sale on ebay.

Last edited by Chaz; 18-06-2017 at 07:26 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Argh, good progress, getting tuning right and then with the limits / home switches I was doing some test. I ended up somehow going past the X ++ endstop which has fortunately only cost me lost time as I now need to repack the ballnut and some of the cart bearings. Could have been a lot worse. Not sure why it ignored the limit switch.

I was setting the X and Y axis to be reversed as they are the wrong way around ( + and - direction ). Do people normally do it on Mach 3 or reverse either the -10 to 10V or swap motor leads (and encoder feedback)?

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread Information