. .
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The good old US of A. . . . . PMDX126.
    How about NOT USA ? CSLab ? And while I'm at it, why not go with ethernet motion controller instead of a BOB ?
    Last edited by eurikain; 06-03-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    It's Fibre Glass cabinet so won't be that.!!
    Good point. I'll just go back to sitting in the corner and keeping quiet!
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Good point. I'll just go back to sitting in the corner and keeping quiet!
    Nobody puts Baby in the Corner.!! . . . . You keep on Dancing Mc

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    How about NOT USA ? CSLab ? And while I'm at it, why not go with ethernet motion controller instead of a BOB ?
    Well yes that would be my first choice but your talking different animal and cost depending on model.

Yes but if I order the PMDX 126, 160 Euros + tax when it gets here, you're looking at the same price than the 230 Euro 4 axis motion controller they've got at CSLabs. Plus, really, I think I can re-use it in the future for another build.

Are there any choices other than CSLab, for a decent controller ?
    Last edited by eurikain; 06-03-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Yes there are but by time you have bought decent BOB to match they are not any cheaper than IP-M. While some like Ethernet Smooth stepper may beat IP-M on features(that you won't probably use) Nothing touches the IP-M on quality for same money.

Just be aware the IP-M isn't ideal if your using Slaved motors.

What if I buy an ethernet smooth stepper as you told me a few weeks back ? ESS smooth stepper ? That would prevent the ground loop going back to the PC since it's ethernet based.
    Last edited by eurikain; 06-03-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    What if I buy an ethernet smooth stepper as you told me a few weeks back ? ESS smooth stepper ? That would prevent the ground loop going back to the PC since it's ethernet based.
    The Ess will help some but the ground loop will always cause issues. Have you powered the Bob with the USB cable? If so then have you tried to disconnect the cable and use a different 5v source?
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Nope, the BOB is powered only using a 5VDC external power supply. Weird that I'm the only person with this issue.. I've got the exact same board as the one you sell on your website. Typical cheap Chinese BOB. But it works for everyone else.. why not for me :'( ?

I have a PCI parallel port expansion board. It might be interesting to install it and test if it improves or fixes the ground loop. It might be the native parallel port of my PC that's not working properly. I'll give it a try on Thursday.
    Last edited by eurikain; 07-03-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by komatias View Post
    The Ess will help some but the ground loop will always cause issues.
    It will with the ESS which think pulls Gnd from PC like the BOB but not with IP-M which is isolated from PC and pulls Gnd to Mains Earth. It also uses Differential signals with isolated Inputs which is why it's so very good at not being affected by noise.

That said you still need to be 100% sure it is the BOB and not some other cause.?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Have you tried getting rid of the ribbon cable and plugging the pp lead straight in to the BOB
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information