. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Your not helping us here much mate.? Thou the one pic that is anygood tells me you probably have the Steps per setting wrong.

This is why I asked for the micro step details further down which you still haven't given so can't give you accurate figures but I'll explain how to calculate it.

Take the Micro step amount and divide by the ballscrew pitch. Ie 2000ms / 5 = 400 Steps Per.

The fact you have such low voltage and using 5mm pitch will slow down the speed you'll get but still you should reach 2000 - 3000mm/min Velocity easy enough. Set Acceleration about 800 for starters.

Sorry do you mean what microstep the drive is set at
    If so it iz 800

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lewywri89 View Post
    Sorry do you mean what microstep the drive is set at
    If so it iz 800

Yes so try these new numbers and see what happens. Think you'll find a bit of difference.!! You'll go from Max velocity of 750mm/min to potential velocity of 9350mm/min thou you'll never get that with 24v and 5mm pitch screws.

25000khz / 2000 = 12.5mm per Sec * 60 =750mm/min
    25000khz / 160 = 156.25 per sec * 60 = 9375mm/min

So has you see the Micro steps make big difference. So high Micro steps with low Pitch means more pulses to do same speed and you only have so many pulses. In this case 25000 per sec.

800/5=160 steps per

Also just to make clear the Steps Per setting isn't a number you can play with to suit the speed. It's a Fixed number based on the number of steps required to move one unit, in this case 1mm. This number is got from the calculation of Micro steps divided by screw pitch.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-01-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes so try these new numbers and see what happens. Think you'll find a bit of difference.!! You'll go from Max velocity of 750mm/min to potential velocity of 9350mm/min thou you'll never get that with 24v and 5mm pitch screws.

800/5=160 steps per
    Okay thank you will post back my results 2moz
    Lewis

Okay thank you will post back my results 2moz
    Lewis

Lewis I have just read your entire post. Do yourself a favour and get another power supply as you are running on 24V and those drives Max is 50V so about 40 - 45V would be fine. It will make a huge difference to your machine
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Okay ill change out the psu
    Bit low on funds at the min so I will have to wait
    Its just very confusing that the motors turn fast when im using the protuner software

Okay ill change out the psu
    Bit low on funds at the min so I will have to wait
    Its just very confusing that the motors turn fast when im using the protuner software

OK but have you tried the numbers that JAZZCNC suggested for you to try
    Last edited by Clive S; 21-01-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    ..Clive

No not yet
    My workshop is mainly for alloy wheel refubishment and im in tje middle of a set
    As soon as im finishe I will post back my result
    Psu will be on order tomoz hopefully, any recommendations for a psu and possibly a better bob than the one I have
    Appreciate the help

No not yet
    My workshop is mainly for alloy wheel refubishment and im in tje middle of a set
    As soon as im finishe I will post back my result
    Psu will be on order tomoz hopefully, any recommendations for a psu and possibly a better bob than the one I have
    Appreciate the help

Before you order one lets get the machine moving first. One job at a time.
    ..Clive

The reason is because the Protune uses the drives own built in Pulse generator and it's default Micro stepping settings. It doesn't use Mach3 at all.
    The reason why you are getting such low speeds is because you are using Mach3 to provide the pulses and you have limited number of pulses available. Now because you have set the Steps Per setting so high the Max speed is drasticly low.

What you have to understand is that Steps Per is a Calculation and MUST be correct. It's not something you can play around with other wise the machine will move the wrong distance.
    Provided the Numbers you gave me are correct then those settings will work and you will get more speed.

The Low voltage will reduce the speed and Torque you'll get from the motors but it will still give you much higher than the Max 750mm/min the 2000 Steps per allowed. Difficult to estimate how fast because lots of factors come into play but I'd say easily 2000-3000mm/min for starters.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 21-01-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information