. .

Thread: cnc machine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am looking to get a cnc machine to repair alloy wheels
    I am looking to get one from china any points to be aware of
    I need the lightest and smallest because I want to put it in a van to repair wheels mobile do i need to be aware of the suspension of the van will it effect the cutting?

What would you repair of the alloy wheels?

I dont see what CNC machine you need there and for what purpose exactly???

What you need for this business is: an alloy wheel straightener /hydraulic manual or automatic computerized machine/ , propane torch, infrared thermometer, disc grinder, orbital sander, orbital polisher , arc welder or tig welder. Oops, and a hammer .

I have looked into that business, when i hacked my alloy wheels and there was nobody around to straighten it. With the above said, i can repair any repairable alloy wheel problem.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I have looked into that business, when i hacked my alloy wheels and there was nobody around to straighten it. With the above said, i can repair any repairable alloy wheel problem.
    Boyan you seem very talented with the amount of knowledge you have. You know what they say Jack of all trades Master of none
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Boyan you seem very talented with the amount of knowledge you have. You know what they say Jack of all trades Master of none
    I was hoping for some constructive feedback. I know when an alloy is mullered it needs all of that equipment but I would not drive on them afterwards.

I am looking for a cnc lathe to skim the surface of an alloy to remove slight kerb damage to a polished surface. There are many available to the manufacturing industry but they are all 2000/5000 kg there are some small ones at silly money because there very rare. Anyone making a unit around 500 to 1000kg is on to a fortune in the aftermarket business.

Can I have some credible comments please.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    In fact i am master of many. People who know me in person do not doubt that, as it is facts that speak. Do not mistake my multi interests and energy to explore further, with lack of deep understanding the fine aspects of what i do and like to do.

You are welcome to be my guest if you pass by near Denia, so you see for yourself it's not just an empty talk. We could speak about your past lives, make you a professional photo, do a massage or hypnosis session, or show you half a mil luxury dry stone villa that i build from scratch with my hammer. or jusat discuss the new machines i am designing in program that i started learning barely an year ago

Hello Ian, welcome to the forum!

If you are already looking at the Chinese cnc machines, why don't you put some links here so we can give you advice on specific machines.

I see that most of them are cnc lathes but I found also router style with a rotating base like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by paulus.v View Post
    Hello Ian, welcome to the forum!

If you are already looking at the Chinese cnc machines, why don't you put some links here so we can give you advice on specific machines.

I see that most of them are cnc lathes but I found also router style with a rotating base like this one.
    I could not help but laugh at that funny video. They should have rectified the wheel, then put it on the lathe. It looks more like an egg than a wheel. And yeah, thats why they have disabled their comments, as even a blind person can see that. And " get in touch for the price" from their web normally means more than 10-15k, which is not a real price for that machine.

I wouldn't pay 10k on top of price of a machine, just for my inability to scan a wheel with a probe and then program it. But thats me

I would trust more a Russian to make a machine for me, not a Chinese At least he says he uses Hiwin High Precision series rails and upgraded bearings for the lathe head. As you can see Mach3 and some programming does perfectly the job

Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 18-08-2017 at 11:23 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I could not help but laugh at that funny video.
    you didn't read that is "worlds first mobile machine, patent pending technology"? :)))

I particularly like the super-rigid high capacity, extra-precision self centering chuck.
    :D
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thanks for the reply. I have seen this one but the price tag is rediculus.
    I was hoping someone would know if there's anyone who has the capacity to make a similar job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information