. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Yes but how easy is it to learn & are there tutorials available for it Neil, I'm lucky in that I can just use my signmaking software so that's at least one thing i won't have to learn lol.
    Suppose it is down to each individual but personally I am prepared to pay a reasonable price for software if it comes with the right support especially if it is going to be used to make money.
    I still think you should have a look here...

Download Trial Versions and Tutorials

There are video Tutorials to get you started on the sample files and you can import DXF files easily. its a really magic program although not for everyone you can be cutting to see how you feel about it long before you part with any money.. Whats it going to cost you?? and although it seems like it is for wood that isnt the case

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    I still think you should have a look here...

Download Trial Versions and Tutorials

There are video Tutorials to get you started on the sample files and you can import DXF files easily. its a really magic program although not for everyone you can be cutting to see how you feel about it long before you part with any money.. Whats it going to cost you?? and although it seems like it is for wood that isnt the case

Rick
    So what are you suggesting rick, sorry must be an old age thing lol. Are you suggesting that I use cut2d to generate the g code instead of something like cambam or lazycam. Quite happy to look at anything that people suggest as you say it doesn't cost anything to have a look & I might find I get on better with that than something else.
    Lazycam came free with mach3 but I have to be honest & say that I haven't really looked at either of them yet, I did read that there was next to no support with lazycam so maybe not the best, still need to get the machine finished yet so no big rush to just now.

So what are you suggesting rick, sorry must be an old age thing lol. Are you suggesting that I use cut2d to generate the g code instead of something like cambam or lazycam. Quite happy to look at anything that people suggest as you say it doesn't cost anything to have a look & I might find I get on better with that than something else.
    Lazycam came free with mach3 but I have to be honest & say that I haven't really looked at either of them yet, I did read that there was next to no support with lazycam so maybe not the best, still need to get the machine finished yet so no big rush to just now.
    Well you can try Cut3d but I used Vcarve first and it did all the ali parts for one of my mills and it was easy to learn, Its about the easiest one i came across because the tutorials were great and the support from the company was great too and that was before i even bought the full version of V-carve.

As far as im concerned it let me generate g-code for mach3 without the huge learning curve, and with the toolpath simulation being built in i got to see what it cut before it even got to mach3

Its best to just have a look at what people have been making and down load a copy to have a play with im sure you wont be dissapointed but if its not for you then you have lost nothing, as i said its not for everyone..

Its also good for doing the designs in the vcarve program itself if you havnt got a dxf file

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Give me a basic design idea and i will show you how quick it can do the trick some measurements of a fictional part will do...

Rick

Thanks Rick, have to be honest, I wasn't really looking at 3D software as I wasn't sure it would be of much use to me so as there is quite a big difference in price I just stuck with the 2D/2.5D stuff.

Like you say there is nothing to be lost by having a look & as I am not in a big rush just now i can take a bit of time to look at it & see how I get on with it.

Hey no problem, i dont work for them or anything i was just so impressed with the software...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mar.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	7312

Have a screen shot of a simulation cut anyhow lol

Rick

Hey no problem, i dont work for them or anything i was just so impressed with the software...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mar.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	7312

Have a screen shot of a simulation cut anyhow lol

Rick
    Rick you need to open the kerning up on that a bit plus it needs a bit more negative space lol

Rick you need to open the kerning up on that a bit plus it needs a bit more negative space lol

LOL ... Only ten mins from concept to G-Code, mistakes are to be expected.....

Rick

So how does the trial version work then Rick? Sure it must be on their website but just skim read it for now.
    Is it on a number of uses like cambam, a limited time period like say 30 days or is it a full version but there are things you can't do like cut your own files ??

The trial version limits you to only cutting their sample files:

'With the trial versions of the software you can cut sample files on your own machine'

LOL ... Only ten mins from concept to G-Code, mistakes are to be expected.....
    10 minutes for that - you need to increase your pointer speed
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information