. .
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I bet you can't wait

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    I bet you can't wait

James
    HE can't wait? What about the rest of us! :rofl:

I know 9 month build. But looking at the build log it does look a excellent build

James

I know it has taken a long time but I have had a few other jobs to do along the way and I am still doing yet another job in the garden. Sometimes there just arent enough hours in the day!!

Ian

Right I have managed to sort out a problem with creating cutting files with the help of Adcnc, many thanks Adam, and have actually done two cuts tonight!!.
    The material was standard 18mm thick plywood and a standard 12mm vee cut router bit, I didnt want to trash any good stuff to start with.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0027.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	4525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0028.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	4524

Cut quality wasnt the best by any means but the machine functioned properly. First cut was at 2mm depth and 20mm/sec feed rate and the second one at 4mm depth and 40mm/s feed. I did attempt to video the second cut on my HTC Desire HD but the wife phoned and the end of cutting the first letter and knackered the video so I will try it again later in the week.
    I think I deserve some tea and biscuits now

Ian

looking good Ian I'm so jealous

I've been in the garage just looking at mine.

Progress has stalled or that's what it feels like waiting for ballscrews supported rails and bits and bobs

but I will take a photo of my bits tomorrow

James and Luke

Thanks. I really want to try some aluminium. I am going to see if I can get some tomorrow and have a go at it at the weekend.
    I know how you feel about waiting on stuff. I had a few problems with getting my ballscrews. Lost a good few weeks waiting on them. Hopefully you will get them soon.

Ian
    Last edited by Web Goblin; 12-09-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Thanks. I really want to try some aluminium.
    Walk before you run.

Admittedly the second thing I tried on my machine after the major rebuild was aluminium.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Managed to get full speed control via my speed pot on my control box up to 400Hz.
    Attachment 4457
    I needed to alter another setting on the vfd. I also have start/stop control working via USBCNC now as well. All I need to do is manually select the Coolant flow icon on USBCNC first then the program will start and stop the VFD.:dance
    If you wanted you could edit the code and put something like this in at the beginning..

M8
    G4 P5000

(P5000 donates the dwell in milliseconds so here would be 5 second pause while your spindle spools up)

Then at the end just before M30 command insert M9 to turn off the coolant (in your case spindle that is if you have set your spindle up under the flood coolant and not the mist, if you have set the on/off under mist then just replace the M8 with a M7 )

I have made up a tool height setter. Its a bit rough but I will make a better one when I get more time.

Name:	IMAG0029.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	4543
    The basic parts. The centre of the top section was a bit off so doesnt look quite right.

Name:	IMAG0030.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	4544
    Hole drilled and tapped to PG7 to accept the cable gland.

Name:	IMAG0031.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	4545

The block was cleaned up a bit on the lathe and the inner edge recessed to accept the switch locking nut.

Name:	IMAG0032.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	275.6 KB 
ID:	4542
    The finished parts before assembly.
    I have also set up the block in USBCNC and calibrated and tested it. Working fine it is.

Regards

Ian

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information