. .

Thread: ID This PCB

Hello Everyone
    I bought a a joblot of electronics a while back and got this unknown board with it Pictures Here but i am unable to find anything online about it. It has a Xilinx Spartan V XCS30XL FPGA onboard (XILINX-SPARTAN-V-XCS30XL Datasheet), 4 LMD18201 3A 55v H-Bridges, 4 DB9 ports 2 male 2 female and a wealth of other components. it looks like some kind of motor development board and has motion control node written on it I was thinking i might find some use for it on some kind of CNC Project or even for just learning about FPGA`s but I dont want to try an power it up via the LM323T Voltage Regulator until i have a better idea of how to use the board. Any ideas and help will be much appreciated if you would like any other pictures from different angles let me know and i will try to answer any questions and do any tests i can.
    Thanks
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryG View Post
    Hello Everyone
    I bought a a joblot of electronics a while back and got this unknown board with it Pictures Here but i am unable to find anything online about it. It has a Xilinx Spartan V XCS30XL FPGA onboard (XILINX-SPARTAN-V-XCS30XL Datasheet), 4 LMD18201 3A 55v H-Bridges, 4 DB9 ports 2 male 2 female and a wealth of other components. it looks like some kind of motor development board and has motion control node written on it I was thinking i might find some use for it on some kind of CNC Project or even for just learning about FPGA`s but I dont want to try an power it up via the LM323T Voltage Regulator until i have a better idea of how to use the board. Any ideas and help will be much appreciated if you would like any other pictures from different angles let me know and i will try to answer any questions and do any tests i can.
    Thanks
    Mick
    Just a shot in the dark but it looks like a cctv board from a multiplexer, or should i say it reminds me of one i scrapped a few years ago..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Daft question from the resident idiot, but why would a cctv board need 3 8A relays?
    PCB Power Relay G6B-117_ | PCB Power Relays | PCB Power Relays | Relay | Products | OMRON Electronic Components Web

Answers own question, built in ptz maybe?

But given that the board says it is a 'motor control node IPC 443 ISS.A', it is probably a 'motor control node'
    That phrase seems to be popular with Logosol and Rexroth so you could ask them?
    Last edited by D.C.; 30-03-2013 at 01:47 PM.

cctv could be an avenue to look into but i am driven more in the direction of development board because of the little through hole prototype section and the sheer number of connections also why would cctv need 4 dc/stepper motor drivers unless it was to control only 2 cameras pan/tilt but it seams a bit of over kill with everything else on the board. Thanks for the replys so far i`m sure we will work it out.
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    Daft question from the resident idiot, but why would a cctv board need 3 8A relays?
    PCB Power Relay G6B-117_ | PCB Power Relays | PCB Power Relays | Relay | Products | OMRON Electronic Components Web

But given that the board says it is a 'motor control node IPC 443 ISS.A', it is probably a 'motor control node'
    the motor control node bit is why i have started with the CNC Community but i spent the best part of a month searching online with every query i could think of and came up with nothing i even tried searching google images to try and find anything that looked similar but no joy. i`ll fire an email off to Logosol and Rexroth and maybe Xilinx thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post

Some of the large wired cctv systems 24-64 camera multiplex, do require higher amps and cover very large buildings, they also have Pan Tilt Zoom control and IR arrays for night vision. But as i said only a long shot anyhow.. some or the sytems also auto cycle pan from the camera but use motion control from the control center for manual control. only requiring a couple of chips for manual

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 30-03-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Just as an observation, "Motion Control Node" could just be refering to the connector next to it and may not even be the board type or title.

The Large chip has common uses in cctv and telecommunications amongst other uses.
    http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...ed=0CDkQ7gEwAQRick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 30-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Thread Information