. .
Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Dumb question but the spindle has 4 pins marked 1, 2, 3 & 4 which is the ground? (I think it's 4)

To check if it's grounded do I just undo the bolts at the top and it comes off?

Should I just solder directly to those pins or is there a connector I crimp on?
    Ring it out with multimeter. One of them should respond to the metal casing. If not, measure the resistance between the windings till you are certain you have the 3 phases identified.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Have the same BOB (not used it yet) and as I understand it you can have either the USB or the bottom connections for 5v.
    The 12-24v connection is to be able to use 1-10v regulation for the spindle and perhaps the on/off signal aswell.. Will have to experiment :D

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Have the same BOB (not used it yet) and as I understand it you can have either the USB or the bottom connections for 5v.
    The 12-24v connection is to be able to use 1-10v regulation for the spindle and perhaps the on/off signal aswell.. Will have to experiment :D

With these BOB's you need 5v AND 12-24v connected. It needs the 12-24v connected to get the inputs to work the 5V can be either be the usb or 5v I would use 5V.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    With these BOB's you need 5v AND 12-24v connected. It needs the 12-24v connected to get the inputs to work the 5V can be either be the usb or 5v I would use 5V.
    Clive, you are a champ as always :D

I understand now, I think I'll use a molex extension cable to run one of power cables out the back of the new PC (Mini tower) then into the chassis with the steppers in it. Then run the 12v to a junction box and the 5v direct to the PC in and PC gnd. The 12v I can then split 3 ways 2 to pc fans to cool the stepper drivers and toroidal transformer and the other to the BOB.

The new PC doesn't have a parallel port (Doh! was watching a 3.4ghz it sold bought a 2.93ghz I7 assumed would be same motherboard and isn't!)

but does have 1 original PCI slot (And the rest PCI-E) so bought this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IEEE-1284-...72.m2749.l2649

Do I need a better adapter or will this be ok? The other adapters do seems to have more chips on them lol.

And the PC has a 8400GS 512 meg gfx card will this be enough to run fusion 360, looking around it should do but I'll have to turn shadows and some other effects off. This machine will only be used for CAM and controlling Betty (My name for the router) so don't want to spend any more than I have to on it. My home machine is my cad machine (Got a 760GTX in that, seems to power along fine).

Going to have to slum it with 4gb on the CAM machine for now but want to upgrade my machine to 16 or 32gb next month and then can rob the 8gb from that for the CAM machine.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I understand now, I think I'll use a molex extension cable to run one of power cables out the back of the new PC (Mini tower) then into the chassis with the steppers in it. Then run the 12v to a junction box and the 5v direct to the PC in and PC gnd. The 12v I can then split 3 ways 2 to pc fans to cool the stepper drivers and toroidal transformer and the other to the BOB.

The new PC doesn't have a parallel port (Doh! was watching a 3.4ghz it sold bought a 2.93ghz I7 assumed would be same motherboard and isn't!)

but does have 1 original PCI slot (And the rest PCI-E) so bought this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IEEE-1284-...72.m2749.l2649

Do I need a better adapter or will this be ok? The other adapters do seems to have more chips on them lol.

And the PC has a 8400GS 512 meg gfx card will this be enough to run fusion 360, looking around it should do but I'll have to turn shadows and some other effects off. This machine will only be used for CAM and controlling Betty (My name for the router) so don't want to spend any more than I have to on it. My home machine is my cad machine (Got a 760GTX in that, seems to power along fine).

Going to have to slum it with 4gb on the CAM machine for now but want to upgrade my machine to 16 or 32gb next month and then can rob the 8gb from that for the CAM machine.
    Add on cards are hit and miss. Some work first time, some are a struggle, some never work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Add on cards are hit and miss. Some work first time, some are a struggle, some never work.
    At a pinch I can use another PC for controlling the machine which might not be a bad idea anyways.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Try it and send it back if not, eBay always sides with the buyer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDoran View Post
    Try it and send it back if not, eBay always sides with the buyer lol.
    I'm happy with the price lol £90 for a 2.93ghz I7 desktop with 4gb of ram will do fusion 360 nicely I think for a CAM only machine. I'm sure I can get the parallel port working just wondering if this cheap ass card I bought works like a winmodem in which case it's probably useless for a CNC machine. If that's the case I might buy another card or more likely just grab another PC for the controller have a few motherboards kicking around with CPU's, ram and parallel ports on them.

Thats what i meant return the card if it doesn't work :D

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexDoran For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread Information