. .
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    The thread been totally hijacked. You people don't get it. It was meant to be information for those who might be interested. That's all. Not about marketing, how to improve, bashing, advertising other products, impressing (or not) anyone, USB vs. ETH, Mach3 vs. UCCNC, threading and so on...

Why don't we start bringing in Windows vs. Linux and when we do that we can also start mentioning Apple products, spindles, aluminium vs. steel design, moving gantry vs. fixed and all that.

Why don't you start your own threads about your design ideas, how incompetent motion control designers are and how much better YOU know what is sellable and what not and how simple it is to make it in 2016?

There is a missing tool among "Thread Tools". I wish there was a "Delete this thread" option. I'd definitely use it if there was one.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Threads on forums wander off topic all the time.
    If you can't handle that, then don't post.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Also, maybe their target group is more like the "software and electronic guys" and the machinists with interests in those areas than the traditional machinists who often start threads with sentences like "Help - I am a total idiot in terms electronics and cabling, currently building a CNC from scratch and nothing works."
    Don't think so else they'd be offering 24V I/O and other things retro fit engineers want. To me they are very much into DIY users who are not so demanding or with less knowledge.

Eiher way they are doing a good Job IMO. However they are spoiling the soup for Pinch of salt.

The thread been totally hijacked. You people don't get it. It was meant to be information for those who might be interested. That's all. Not about marketing, how to improve, bashing, advertising other products, impressing (or not) anyone, USB vs. ETH, Mach3 vs. UCCNC, threading and so on...

Why don't we start bringing in Windows vs. Linux and when we do that we can also start mentioning Apple products, spindles, aluminium vs. steel design, moving gantry vs. fixed and all that.

Why don't you start your own threads about your design ideas, how incompetent motion control designers are and how much better YOU know what is sellable and what not and how simple it is to make it in 2016?

There is a missing tool among "Thread Tools". I wish there was a "Delete this thread" option. I'd definitely use it if there was one.
    Guess your aiming this at Me.? If so then Don't really give shit what you think, if don't like it then tuff Shit.!!

People also need to be informed of all aspects of what's involved and other peoples experiences views on a product. Lots of what's been posted is very relavent to others thinking about this product and company. Which if you look you'll see I've only got praise for the Company. I would never comment on performance of product I've not used.
    However I will always argue to the last word when Some PRAT insists Cheap BOB's are perfectly fine and won't or don't cause issues just because of there own limited experience in using just one or two boards. This is very relevant to this Post and product which comes with NO Isolation and requires BOB to work safely.

Don't like it then either go away or learn to handle it because I'll always do it.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 13-11-2016 at 07:57 PM.

2 SHORT QUESTIONS:

- the 24vdc hungarian board. Manual in English, price in Euro?, why i don't see ICs on the board but just some connectors?

- which other 24VDC board will serve the purpose? I remember somebody,maybe even in Uk was selling good looking 24vdc breakout board, but can not seem to find it now.

extra question for the knowledgeable :

-if not 24VDc, then any good 12VDC Breakout board?

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    2 SHORT QUESTIONS:

- the 24vdc hungarian board. Manual in English, price in Euro?, why i don't see ICs on the board but just some connectors?

- which other 24VDC board will serve the purpose? I remember somebody,maybe even in Uk was selling good looking 24vdc breakout board, but can not seem to find it now.

extra question for the knowledgeable :

-if not 24VDc, then any good 12VDC Breakout board?
    Now that looks interesting but can't work out the price because when I put 126.999Ft in to currency converter it comes out at £0.35 which I'm sure isn't correct.
    I'll send them message and hopefully they will understand english.!

If this works out at sensible money I'll order one and put it thru it's paces and report back.

126999.00 = 350
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Get a grip, get used to it, or get a life, or a sense of humour ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Jazz, no it's the full figure 126999ft which is about £350, I did post earlier which for a breakout board is stupid.

But then another company, in another country, in another language etc,

I feel this thread has been very good just the odd person a bit thin skinned. Basically people have been able to ask question on things the company don't deem worth putting into print.

From my perspecive I wasn't interested after reading the absolute crap manual, I have seen better VFD manuals and everyone knows that have an annual contest to see who can write the most technical and obtuse manual out [ Siemens won it last year hands down because I had to ring Siemens in London and they didn't know, it too 2 days for Germany to find an answer. And the problem ? How do you wire it for 3 wire operation ]

So for now, for me as we all have different agenda's, I find it can thread from the You tube video with the felt tip pen. OK not all the world but it does pull out at the same point every time and tracks OK.
    Negative points, no lathe screens and therefore no conversational and no instructions but if it's work in progress it might be worth following.

That could be partly overcome if it can use the Mach3 plug in but then this opens up another can of worms. EVERY Mach3 plug in for threading and this includes K-Flop and CSCMIO has to pause at the end of the thread whilst it hands back to Mach causing a run off groove which is not acceptable for many parts.

Is the plug in for the UC300ETH the same ?

Even if I decided to take a chance and add another paper weight to the shelf it wouldn't do much good as I have no idea how to wire the Channel A+, A-, B+, B- and index pulse up to the 156 available pins and in what combination.

Or even what resolution encoder to buy.

But I say it is worth keeping in mind.

On the video, sorry but nothing you have shown me impresses me. My girlfriend can shop quicker than that.

Look at this very old video of Mach 3 cutting alloy, not running a pen around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifMn6pHXLMM

You need to fast forward to the 12 minute mark or you will fall asleep.

Not saying UCCNC can't do better just you are not showing it.
    John S -

Well, I wasn't too impressed when you told me to read the manual, and that I (also, as it happens, an electronic engineer for the last 40 years) was stupid to ask for + and - symbols on the pins on the analogue port. Actually, although I mentioned the analogue port, you referred to the digital pins. I reread the manual. It did not mention that the analogue pins were ground-referenced (seemed reasonable that they could have been isolated as each exists as two pins). However, the problem was that when this part of the manual was copied from the UC300USB manual, the important bits in red text were omitted. You have worked with the USB version so probably didn't notice or need to see that. I'm sure that they will put that right in a future version of the manual to avoid confusing any stupid electronic engineers like me again. Still sounds like a nice bit of kit, just underlines the fact that manuals need proof-reading before issuing. I'm also grateful that you have given some news about this bit of hardware as it's something that I might consider when I do my vertical mill CNC conversion. Once the router is finished...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information