. .

Thread: 7' X 4' Combi

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Ok finaly Purchased the Rails for the Y Axis.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rail.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	8469 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rail Spec.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	300.7 KB 
ID:	8470

Ive got 2x GL20TF + Rails at 1300mm, (when they arrive that is)

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Hi Rick,

can I ask where you got the from?

Regards,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by dsc View Post
    Hi Rick,

can I ask where you got the from?

Regards,
    Tom
    You May.. I got them from Korea..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Ok today i put the Y to X registers in and fitted the bed to the registers, thats really all i can do untill the Y rails turn up and then I have the Z machined and fit it, so ive done one of those boring videos just to show the X axis moving on the twin rotating ballnuts and 2510 ballscrews, it is set on the conservative side at the moment and i may just leave it there, X100 input in to mach moves the gantry 1m so thats correct now..

Now that made you excited didnt it?? cmon admit it. ok it didnt me either..

By the way the irritating noise heard when the gantry changes direction is the Clamps holding the gantry on.

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 18-03-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    ive done one of those boring videos just to show the X axis moving on the twin rotating ballnuts and 2510 ballscrews,
    Bonus points for filming the nuts spinning in the next video...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    X100 input in to mach moves the gantry 1m so thats correct now..
    Mach3 should be used in milimeters, not centimeters, so going from X0 to X100 (or just moving 100 from the current position) should move 0.1m, not 1m.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Bonus points for filming the nuts spinning in the next video...

Mach3 should be used in milimeters, not centimeters, so going from X0 to X100 (or just moving 100 from the current position) should move 0.1m, not 1m.
    Ok I will upload the one with rotating Ballnuts when i get the A/V sync sorted, and how would you correct the measurement issues.

Rick

Bonus points for filming the nuts spinning in the next video....
    Ok not a great movie i know and the audio was rubbish so i had to substitute it

Ok let me see, its showing 100 on the DRO when it is moving 1000 so that is a 10th so steps per in motor tuning should read 200 x 10 = 2000 and then X100 should move the gantry 100mm yes?

Rick

Vids not boring, pics look good. G.

Hard to tell from a video, but it looks to be running smoothly without whipping, which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco
    Ok let me see, its showing 100 on the DRO when it is moving 1000 so that is a 10th so steps per in motor tuning should read 200 x 10 = 2000 and then X100 should move the gantry 100mm yes?
    If the step/mm value before, which caused it to move 100cm when commanded 100mm was accurate, then you just need to multiply it by 10.

There's a bit more to it though. You need to make sure that you don't hit the kernel frequency limit in Mach3. It's best if you can to use the lowest frequency, which is 25kHz. This means the port will output a maximum of 25000 pulses per second, so if you divide that by the step/mm value you get the software limited maximum feedrate. For example if it's set to 2000 step/mm, then that's 25000/2000=12.5mm/s or 750mm/min. If that feed-rate is too low, then you either need to reduce the microstepping resolution (e.g quater stepping instead of 1/8th) or raise the kernel frequency.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Hard to tell from a video, but it looks to be running smoothly without whipping, which is good.

If the step/mm value before, which caused it to move 100cm when commanded 100mm was accurate, then you just need to multiply it by 10.

There's a bit more to it though. You need to make sure that you don't hit the kernel frequency limit in Mach3. It's best if you can to use the lowest frequency, which is 25kHz. This means the port will output a maximum of 25000 pulses per second, so if you divide that by the step/mm value you get the software limited maximum feedrate. For example if it's set to 2000 step/mm, then that's 25000/2000=12.5mm/s or 750mm/min. If that feed-rate is too low, then you either need to reduce the microstepping resolution (e.g quater stepping instead of 1/8th) or raise the kernel frequency.
    Ok i went to the workshop and in motor tuning ive set steps per to 20- Velocity to 3000 accl to 200, Oh im using metric, now when you type in X1000 the gantry travels 1M so that much is correct but im not sure it is the only way to do it the drivers are on the lowest setting which is 200 per rev. with four people sitting on the gantry it dosnt evn know you are there..

Rick

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information