. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just found out about this German company who design in Germany and build in Asia called Optimum Machines.
    http://www.optimum-machines.com

I have seen that their little desktop mills get converted a lot but they are releasing some VMCs over the past couple years that are quite small.

Found them through a video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4B0_I9oJA

Looks like the UK seller is http://www.excelmachinetools.co.uk/

Anyone heard of them, know much about their machines, thoughts?
    Obviously not in a position to buy but interested in finding out more info.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    It be curious about pricing. Standard looking machines. The smaller ones have spindles that are very underpowered.

The larger one runs on 3 phase which is a problem for most of us. 8000 rpm is OK for most stuff, BT30 is nice. Id estimate this machine to cost somewhere between £10 - 15K, if not a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    It be curious about pricing. Standard looking machines. The smaller ones have spindles that are very underpowered.

The larger one runs on 3 phase which is a problem for most of us. 8000 rpm is OK for most stuff, BT30 is nice. Id estimate this machine to cost somewhere between £10 - 15K, if not a bit more.
    I know that the F80 is £30-35k.
    The F2 looks a tad too small to me. F3 would be alright.

And yea three phase but should be able to use single to three phase converter as it won't be that much HP?
    Last edited by JOGARA; 09-04-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOGARA View Post
    I know that the F80 is £30-35k.
    The F2 looks a tad too small to me. F3 would be alright.

And yea three phase but should be able to use single to three phase converter as it won't be that much HP?
    £30K, ouch. This is why I built my own machine.

There are ways to sort out 3 phase requirements, often its just the spindle motor and/or a coolant pump that needs 3 phase. Most of which can easily be changed.

Id rather look at a smaller Haas mill for £30K or have something built.

Price from http://www.excelmachinetools.co.uk/

F2 Mini Vertical CNC Mill £ 14,450.00
    F3 Mini Vertical CNC Mill £ 17,995.00

Plus VAT and Postage

Pretty sure this is base price, ATC and extras on top...
    Last edited by JOGARA; 09-04-2018 at 05:28 PM.

The Y Axis movement on the F2 / F3 machines is very restrictive too.

These machines are not too bad though.

I think the castings are all done by Syil. (Was talking to Aaron Powter about this earlier this morning)

For a little less money, you can get the Syil S7 or X7 Combo nowdays, delivered and inclusive of VAT. (Just quoted for one with a Siemens 808D/Advance)
    <---- scratch that, I saw the price of the Haas, not the ones by Jogara

There is also the option of the Skyfire if you are happy to wait.
    Last edited by komatias; 09-04-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by komatias View Post
    These machines are not too bad though.

I think the castings are all done by Syil. (Was talking to Aaron Powter about this earlier this morning)

For a little less money, you can get the Syil S7 or X7 Combo nowdays, delivered and inclusive of VAT. (Just quoted for one with a Siemens 808D/Advance)
    <---- scratch that, I saw the price of the Haas, not the ones by Jogara

There is also the option of the Skyfire if you are happy to wait.
    I have been looking at Skyfire a lot recently (again not in a position to buy a VMC or a little VMC).

They look okay but they are flaky on support as there is language barrier and there are a few quirks with their machines that the SF community have and are working on fixing.

Syil S7 looks to be around £23,000 with enclosure, 8080D, ATC (16 of course) before import and shipping? Only looked on their own website, not a dealer.

Apart from the top couple of models the Opti models look like CNC'd small vertical milling machines, on a stand, in a box and lacking a proper VMC Chassis.
    If you're looking at a non-tool changer model why not convert a manual mill and build your own stand and box, sliding doors aren't that expensive to build ;-)
    Last edited by magicniner; 09-04-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Apart from the top couple of models the Opti models look like CNC'd small vertical milling machines, on a stand, in a box and lacking a proper VMC Chassis.
    If you're looking at a non-tool changer model why not convert a manual mill and build your own stand and box, sliding doors aren't that expensive to build ;-)
    I think I would want ATC if I get to that stage xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information