. .

Thread: Manual lube oil

Hi all

I have a manual lubrication system on my CNC that when you pull a lever the lube is pumped out from the holding tank and distributed to the linear rail block carriages on all of the axis via plastic tube and a series of manifolds.
    What lube would you recommend for this type of system. The oil that came with mine seems very thin, bit like motor oil, so it tends to seep out of the carriages and drip everywhere.

Cheers

Al

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It should drip out if it's working correctly.

I would of said a slideway oil, however linear slides will work with different oils/greases, and probably won't benefit as much from a dedicated slideway oil. I'd have a read of some linear rail manuals (Hiwin's catalogue has info on lubrication) to see what they recommend.
    You'll need an oil of some form, as the type of lube system you describe won't work with grease.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Checked with Hiwin and they recommend an ISO VG150 oil (SAE 40 I believe). Will see if I can get some. Thanks for your reply.

Al

A bit late, but I had to dig around a bit for just the same query on another forum . As my machine is fitted with HIWIN Linear Rails and Ball Screws, I tracked down the following:-

Hiwin oil specs for standard use here:- http://www.intercom.si/web/dokumenti...om=80,-590,849

Mobilgear 630 (the easiest to find detailed information on) here:- http://www.ulei-mobil.ro/pdf/MobilIndustrieDataSheet/Mobilgear%20600%20Series%20pds.pdf

As I have access to large quantities of ISO 220 Slideway oil, I use that.

Nick.

Thread Information