. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On the left is what they supplied and on the right is the
    Last edited by vmax100uk; 22-10-2018 at 09:18 AM.

And you asked about the difference before guessing and wiring it up anyway?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

[QUOTE=magicniner;81641]And you asked about the difference before guessing and wiring
    Last edited by vmax100uk; 22-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Having seen the diagrams, I've got to ask, what exactly did you wire up wrong?

Both those seem very similar. Left has two extra terminals for connecting to Pin 12, and the right shows an E-stop switch, a power switch, and a DC jack, however the basic connections are the same.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Attachment 18853
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Having seen the diagrams, I've got to ask, what exactly did you wire up wrong?

Both those seem very similar. Left has two extra terminals for connecting to Pin 12, and the right shows an E-stop switch, a power switch, and a DC jack, however the basic connections are the same.
    I accidentally connected the two wires from the motor to the top two rather than the bottom. Also if i hadn't got that bit wrong i was still left with not knowing where to connect the emergency stop wires as the part supplied is minus the connector shown in the parts check list.

To be honest if gocnc weren't so bad at answering your emails and showed a bit more interest in helping out customers then i would have taken time out to double check things.
    At the end of the day they should understand that this type of kit is probably going to be sold to the inexperienced hobby user, so i feel that if your going to update parts you should supply idiot proof instructions as we're not all electronic geniuses.

Ok guys after finally getting my machine built and running ive now discovered that the software that comes with the usb control box with this kit will only run files that are HPGL format.
    I only need to do cut outs etc in flat plate, so can anyone recommend a nice simple to use program that i can use to create the dxf and add the machinings to. I was hoping to use something like Vcarve but i dont think it saves as a HPGL file.

http://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html

FAQ at the bottom of the page, 3rd Q & A
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    http://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html

FAQ at the bottom of the page, 3rd Q & A
    Cheers for that.
    I did try the trail software and its perfect for what i need, just wasn't sure it would save in the format i need. Think I'll take the plunge and buy the 2D desktop version.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information