. .

Thread: Mesa Cards

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Looking for a mesa 5i25 or similar card to try linuxcnc.

Let me know what you have got and how much please. Many thanks

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    Looking for a mesa 5i25 or similar card to try linuxcnc.

Let me know what you have got and how much please. Many thanks
    Ross As I said on your other post I have the 5i25 + 7i76 here is a link to the 5i25 :- http://eusurplus.com/index.php?route...&product_id=50

Be aware that this fits into a PCI slot in the PC and that you can get a PICX version as well.

Then you would need a BOB (to make life easier ) like the 7i76 here:- http://eusurplus.com/index.php?route...&product_id=52

and also an Ethernet one 7i76E not requiring the 5i25 http://eusurplus.com/index.php?route...product_id=270

I does seem like a mine field. There are other BOB's that have more encoders on etc.
    Last edited by Clive S; 14-07-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I think Ross is looking for a used / surplus one to try ...
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Thanks Clive.
    Yes I was just looking to see I there where any cheap ones kicking about before i jumped in head first. Ive already got project creep if I was to get new cards.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross77 View Post
    Thanks Clive.
    Yes I was just looking to see I there where any cheap ones kicking about before i jumped in head first. Ive already got project creep if I was to get new cards.
    Ok sorry I missed the point that you was looking for preloved But you can try Linuxcnc on the PP for threading with an encoder just using Index + A without any mesa cards.

Good luck
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information