. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Well my first go at a home cnc has got off to a bad start.
    Bought a conversion kit for my little Proxxon mf70. Spent all day building it up only to blow the controller.
    I got the kit from a company called gocnc.de and the instructions are not brilliant being just a load of pictures rather than anything written. To make matters worse the controller was slightly different to the one in the pic, hence i connected a wire to the wrong terminal and blew the board.
    Has anyone had any experience of fitting one of these kits as im not €500 out of pocket with a ruined miller.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm going to guess you've bought some variation of this kit - http://abcnc.de/shop/en/cnc-router/3...cnc-custom-kit

In which case all you should need is a new Control Card Stepp 2500 from this page - http://abcnc.de/shop/en/cnc-acessories/cnc-controller/
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Yes that's the kit, but the controller was slightly different to the one shown on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by vmax100uk View Post
    the controller was slightly different to the one in the pic, hence i connected a wire to the wrong terminal and blew the board.
    If they provided the wrong instructions for the supplied hardware and the instructions resulted in damage then surely they should replace the damaged parts FOC?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Post a picture of the board.
    Those simple 3 axis boards are about £35 - £40 a pop and not 99 euro's but as said get them to replace it.
    John S -

That's what I've put in an email to them but they are the rudest bunch of people I've ever had to deal with so I don't think they are going to play ball unless I get my credit card involved.

Ok will do once I've got it off the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by vmax100uk View Post
    they are the rudest bunch of people I've ever had to deal with .
    Provide your CC company with images of the instructions and of the parts shipped which are not identical to the instructions and for good measure any particularly unhelpful or rude emails from the seller and stick a back-charge to them, it sounds like they deserve it!
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

So if you are on your own on this one and given it's a very low rated unit for the Proxon, I'd be happier with a simple breakout board like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272041782661

And 3 separate drivers like these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361465386090

So £16 will get you going again and more reliable, if a driver fries you juts swap it out whereas on the all in one board anything goes wrong it's toast.
    Best at £3.81 to get a spare driver or even 2
    John S -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to John S For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    That is a superb solution I have used those drives and as long as you keep the power supply to about 24V they are fine despite all the bad press that they have had, just don't run them at a higher voltage.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information