. .
    Hello.

Im from Argentina. I'm 26 years old and i work as a mechanical parts designer.

I found this forum by google search this year.
    I was looking for big machines using epoxy to make flat rail base. Google send me directly to a Boyan Silyavsky build log. (I really liked his "quite and unusual one" machine and ofc his build log with long explanations and many pictures)

Since then i have been reading the "DIY Router Build Logs" secction for a long time before i made this account. I really enjoy reading how people can make mechanical things in so many different ways.

The first time i used a cnc machine was in 2008 and since then i got in love with those machines. I hope to make one of this machines one day (3000mmx2000mm). Nowdays i can only make a 3d model because i dont have the money to spend on it but i wish to make this dream a reallity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Naftero For This Useful Post:

Welcome to the forum Naftero.
    It sounds like you are already doing the best thing by learning from reading lots of DIY Router Build Logs.
    Eventually you will make your dreams of your DIY Build CNC machine a happy reality!
    Enjoy the journey!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyGuid For This Useful Post:

Welcome Naftero,

I would avoid going straight to 3000mm x 2000mm as there is alot to learn and it gets expensive with larger machines. However, if you want to do that then post some pictures of your designs and you will get advice regarding ballscrew vs rack and pinion drive, how to get high feedrates, and appropriate drive electronics.

Best of luck.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Thread Information