Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11
    Im very Happy today! I (think that) have some good idea for my metalworking machine (will start an building log after receive the linear profiles) and found some epoxy supplier in my country.

    About Epoxy, think that this specs are enough for the machine?

    Hardness Shore : 82 Shore
    viscosity 35—50000 mPas

  2. #12
    The hiwin rails works ok at top and bottom like the Chinese profiles? I have a new idea about the gantry. Will draw it tonight and will show you guys.

    Enviado desde mi ASUS_Z00AD mediante Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Well guys, while i wait fedex to give me my rails, i drawing a few options.

    Wich think that will be more robust? Option A or B?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whichone.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	18929

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by samsagaz View Post
    Well guys, while i wait fedex to give me my rails, i drawing a few options.

    Wich think that will be more robust? Option A or B?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whichone.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	18929
    Option A

    B looks like it has an unsupported overhang
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Option A

    B looks like it has an unsupported overhang

    OK thanks!

    What about max weight that hiwin HG20 support?

    i will use two nema23 steppers (one on each side) because think that the weight will be a little high for just one motor.

    will try to use 70V, as i will be using am882 drivers

    if weight are too high i think that fixed Gantry will be the solution, but dont know if fixed are better.
    Last edited by samsagaz; 26-07-2016 at 01:28 AM.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by samsagaz View Post
    OK thanks!

    What about max weight that hiwin HG20 support?
    much more than you could imagine, especially spread between 4 bearings

    Quote Originally Posted by samsagaz View Post
    i will use two nema23 steppers (one on each side) because think that the weight will be a little high for just one motor.

    will try to use 70V, as i will be using am882 drivers
    Dont try, do it. If you gantry weighs more than 70kg you will need servo motors for normal; feeds and speeds.


    Quote Originally Posted by samsagaz View Post
    if weight are too high i think that fixed Gantry will be the solution, but dont know if fixed are better.
    You have things wrong. Fixed gantry is better not for weight problems but cause the idea what and how to cut is different. Table weight could be bigger than gantry weight



    I don't know why are you going backwards with the build. There is enough build information on forum to build a super-duper machine from scratch.

    I or C is not stronger than box section, to begin with... I have build uber strong machines from 100x100x4, most people will use 60x60x4. I say ~80x80x3 or 4 is ideal, as it simplifies construction / no diagonal bracing / and is easy to manage at home.

    Look my signature build 1. That machine slices through aluminum without a whisper. Plus i have uploaded the plans for free, so you could save yourself a tremendous amount of time, cause all is fully scalable without any modification up to ~ 1200mm wide and 1200mm long. For longer you just have to change the screw with bigger /20/ and if full size just change sides to rotating nuts, which you could see how is done from my project 2 in the signature.

    That is a time proven design done with the help of the knowledgable people here, a lot of research and design time. I doubt you could achieve even 1/3rd of that if you continue to buy without draw, think and decide first. Sorry to have to tell you that.
    Every small mistake now, translates as days work to fix it later. and money lost, due to buying the improper stuff
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 26-07-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    much more than you could imagine, especially spread between 4 bearings


    You have things wrong. Fixed gantry is better not for weight problems but cause the idea what and how to cut is different. Table weight could be bigger than gantry weight



    I don't know why are you going backwards with the build. There is enough build information on forum to build a super-duper machine from scratch.

    I or C is not stronger than box section, to begin with... I have build uber strong machines from 100x100x4, most people will use 60x60x4. I say ~80x80x3 or 4 is ideal, as it simplifies construction / no diagonal bracing / and is easy to manage at home.

    Look my signature build 1. That machine slices through aluminum without a whisper. Plus i have uploaded the plans for free, so you could save yourself a tremendous amount of time, cause all is fully scalable without any modification up to ~ 1200mm wide and 1200mm long. For longer you just have to change the screw with bigger /20/ and if full size just change sides to rotating nuts, which you could see how is done from my project 2 in the signature.

    That is a time proven design done with the help of the knowledgable people here, a lot of research and design time. I doubt you could achieve even 1/3rd of that if you continue to buy without draw, think and decide first. Sorry to have to tell you that.
    Every small mistake now, translates as days work to fix it later. and money lost, due to buying the improper stuff

    I understand dear Silyavski, i just trying to use materials that can purchase in my country, :/

    Using I steel and weld a 10mm plate in one side i will get a box section like you say, but maybe with more weight.

    I don t need high speeds, as its just for home projects, i dont need to cut/route fast!

    Will check your project #1 again..
    Last edited by samsagaz; 26-07-2016 at 04:52 PM.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by samsagaz View Post
    I understand dear Silyavski, i just trying to use materials that can purchase in my country, :/

    Using I steel and weld a 10mm plate in one side i will get a box section like you say, but maybe with more weight.

    I don t need high speeds, as its just for home projects, i dont need to cut/route fast!

    Will check your project #1 again..
    Even so, you should aim at least at ~200 ipm / 5000 mm/min as absolute minimum. I would say you should aim at 10000 mm/min for a "normall" machine.


    Not that you will cut at those speeds but machine needs to be "snappy" with good acceleration. Which is sth i believe you have not considered. At the beginning i was also not aware of that fact. Good that people pointed that to me. Otherwise some jobs will take eternity , too much time even for home.

    Now having that in mind, do some research about the efficiency of stepper motors, your load, the motors. Under load it will have only a couple of hundred useful RPM. So do your calculations from this.


    What size will be your machine???


    PS. here is a link to a calculator, have not checked it extensively but seems right http://techref.massmind.org/techref/...r/estimate.htm
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 26-07-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Even so, you should aim at least at ~200 ipm / 5000 mm/min as absolute minimum. I would say you should aim at 10000 mm/min for a "normall" machine.


    Not that you will cut at those speeds but machine needs to be "snappy" with good acceleration. Which is sth i believe you have not considered. At the beginning i was also not aware of that fact. Good that people pointed that to me. Otherwise some jobs will take eternity , too much time even for home.

    Now having that in mind, do some research about the efficiency of stepper motors, your load, the motors. Under load it will have only a couple of hundred useful RPM. So do your calculations from this.


    What size will be your machine???
    Gracias nuevamente amigo!!!!

    Here i attach the sizes of the actual draw

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sizes.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	18934

    (Sorry for my english)
    Last edited by samsagaz; 26-07-2016 at 06:45 PM.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I doubt you could achieve even 1/3rd of that if you continue to buy without draw, think and decide first. Sorry to have to tell you that.
    Every small mistake now, translates as days work to fix it later. and money lost, due to buying the improper stuff
    Read this several times and digest it very carefully because it's the best advice you have been given so far.!! . . . . . In UK we teach Children the "Green Cross Code" for crossing roads which reads " STOP" "LOOK" "LISTEN" . . . It's time for you to learn the CNC Green cross code to cross road to success..!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 26-07-2016 at 09:23 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Breakout board recommendations
    By GND in forum General Electronics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15-07-2015, 06:24 PM
  2. Concertina Axis covers..Recommendations please
    By Nthkentman in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 08:43 PM
  3. Paint strippers - recommendations
    By dsc in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 11:13 PM
  4. WANTED: 3-Axis Mill recommendations
    By TomB in forum Items Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 09:06 AM
  5. CNC Lathe recommendations?
    By UltraMagnus in forum Lathes, Lathe Rebuilding & Conversions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 07:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •