. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sem servo motor to the rear, driving via a belt the atc spindle at the front

BUt that servo motor does not spin at 24k rpm. Neither the chinese BT30 spindles will spin very fast. Also these belts setup is not made to spin that fast as you wish. So i don't see how you are going to do that?

I dont know what jobs you are aiming to do, but from my point of view is absurd to change servo motor functionality / rigid tapping, etc./ for high speed.

I think best would be you change to BT30 spindle using your servo motor. Or add faster chinese servomotor. And separately add 3kw spindle for other type of jobs.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

as I said in my first post (opening post) the belt could operate on a 24k spindle but it would be right on its limits or speed. I'm only going by what the spec of the belt says, if you disagree take it up with the belt maker not me.

the atc spindle bearings recently went and I replaced them with high quality bearings capable of 26k.

the servo motor in the machine cannot do ridid tapping. its only a 1.5hp motor that spins at 4000rpm. it has lots of torque granted, but 4000rpm is mega slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    BUt that servo motor does not spin at 24k rpm. Neither the chinese BT30 spindles will spin very fast. Also these belts setup is not made to spin that fast as you wish. So i don't see how you are going to do that?

I dont know what jobs you are aiming to do, but from my point of view is absurd to change servo motor functionality / rigid tapping, etc./ for high speed.

I think best would be you change to BT30 spindle using your servo motor. Or add faster chinese servomotor. And separately add 3kw spindle for other type of jobs.

I am not arguing with you, but it's one thing that a belt could spin at 24k and totally different thing if that range is in its recommended range. Same with spindle bearings. If you dig deeper you will see that a chinese 24rpm 3kw spindle for example has bearings that could spin at ~80k rpm each, but this and that, and at the end the maximum speed is 24k rpm.

I was asking because i have been thinking of speed reducing attachment to 24k rpm spindle and have not come up with a suitable belt. And mind me, i have read a couple of times the Gates belt manual
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    its only a 1.5hp motor that spins at 4000rpm. it has lots of torque granted, but 4000rpm is mega slow.
    Mega Slow for doing what.? . . . . It's Milling machine not router. 4K is acceptable for Milling machine this size and strength.
    If you have excess torque then with little ratio/belt jiggery pokery could soon increase that if required.

If your wanting speed to Cut aluminium then for the price of decent ATC spindle which fits this machine correctly and do it justice money would go long way towards building nice strong Fixed gantry machine with more cutting area that will chomp Ali equal to this mill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information