. .
    Hi all,

Just browsing through ebay and came across a breakout out board that looks like it may control a spindle, but not 100% sure. I have a 1.5kw water cooled spindle and VFD that I would like to control the speed via mach3.

It states Programmed analog voltage from zero to ten volt can be set.The analog voltage can control the speed of spindle motor.

Anyone use one of these before with success?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIY-6-Axi...sAAOSwLzdWTt4m

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    It states Programmed analog voltage from zero to ten volt can be set.The analog voltage can control the speed of spindle motor.
    Anyone use one of these before with success?
    If that what it states then yes it should be able to control your spindle. I know that these cheapo type boards do get a lot of stick but they do work especially on the slower machines.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

So nothing else other than the breakout board and the vfd is needed. How does mach 3 know the speed the spindle is outputting?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBCNCAU View Post
    So nothing else other than the breakout board and the vfd is needed. How does mach 3 know the speed the spindle is outputting?
    Mach3 tells the vfd the speed it requires from what you have programed into the gcode
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I still would like to see one of these cheap boards functioning at all, not to mention properly with mach3
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I still would like to see one of these cheap boards functioning at all, not to mention properly with mach3

I have two of these and they both work very well with Mach3 and UC300. The only issue is that I can't get 10V out of the DA converter, the top voltage is 9.6V so I can't get the spindle to run at full speed with it. I don't know if that matters a lot later on, still using the 400W DC motor and my spindle is still under test, not installed yet.

Edit:

What I also forgot to mention regarding the 10VDC output is that apart from the output never reaching 10V, it is also not very linear. So if you want to have precise control of the spindle RPM then this BoB won't be good enough, or must use a separate, better PWM 0-10VDC converter.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 09-08-2016 at 08:46 AM.

I have one of these that I might try out, is there a wiring diagram available for it?

https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Thread Information